Words

Ihsahn

Είμαι Oι Mαύροι Mάγοι.
Oct 6, 2001
New Orleans, LA
www.expage.com
Well my little pretties, this is probably a ridiculous thread, and I'm sorry to waste your time. But here goes.

Do you have any words that you like?

Some of mine (notice how they are mostly synonymous):
Utopian
Romantic (in the unconventional sense)
Elysian
Ethereal
Empyrean
Celestial
Angelic
Seraphic
Melancholy
Grief
Sorrow
Surreal
Majestic
Sublime
August
Stoic
Mystic
Esoteric
Erratic

Don't ask me why I like them in the first place. I'm what you would call erratic.:D

Oh and how could I forget one of my favorites? Winter

also:
Glacial
Boreal
Arctic
Frost
Polar
Gloom
Doom
Morbid

also I found a good def. of Romantic - Not compatible with reality. There.

Winter is definitely in mine too!

Majestic
Autumn
Surreal

You know what? I'm not even going to bother, there are so many words that I am absolutely fascinated with......I know I may sound like a loser, but that's the least of my worries. Certain words have always fascinated me with the feeling I get from simply thinking about them. So I won't list them all, but there are so many words I picture myself saying, but refrain from actually speaking them because I'll sound like a Neo-medieval freak who is trying to be cool by saying words that are too meaningful for most of the people in today's shallow, media brainwashed society.......

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
You know what? I'm not even going to bother, there are so many words that I am absolutely fascinated with......I know I may sound like a loser, but that's the least of my worries. Certain words have always fascinated me with the feeling I get from simply thinking about them. So I won't list them all, but there are so many words I picture myself saying, but refrain from actually speaking them because I'll sound like a Neo-medieval freak who is trying to be cool by saying words that are too meaningful for most of the people in today's shallow, media brainwashed society.......

YES, I feel the same exact way about words, just because of the connotation or the visual image my mind creates.

on an application for northwestern university i had to name my favorite word and explain why. i can't imagine having a "favorite word," so i wrote this entire paragraph about how "periwinkle is an elfish and whimsical word for a color that looks good on me." *cough, cough, bullshit!* :D and i got in. :p

More words that come to mind:
Emperor
Arcturus
Algaion :D

other non-band words:
Throes
Celtic
Nordic
Zenith
Nadir
Serpent

Of course, how stupid of me! I forgot my favorite word...

Opeth:D

Moonlight (and most other words with "moon")
Twilight
Epiphany
Imperial
Otherworldly
Soulless
Celestial
Sorrow
Myth
Hyperborea
Canticle
Clandestine

and so on and so forth...

not a ridiculous thread though, I like thinking about words occassionally :)

A recent favorite is Paroxysm
some other fun words....
poop
doo doo
kaa kaa
dookey
crap
shit
dump
load
and even combinations of some like.....crap load or shit load or dookey dump:err:
well on a serious note it would take forever to really think of my favorites i like the ones that have been said so far, especially the winter words are nice.
Jay

favorite words .... smart thread!!!
My favorite german word is "Kohlensäure" ,my favorite swedish "läget",my favourite greek i won't mention it here ;) ....
as for my favourite english one hmmm that's not something standard.... I like words that have to do with melancholy,like sorrow,depression,gloomy etc etc
also: somnolent
celestial
perpetual
dementia
I can't really decide....