Worked with a pop band today.

Jordon

Sep 14, 2008
Chicago
So here is a rough mix of a "mash-up" song I did with a local pop band today. They are called Farraday, out of Chicago.

This is a mashup of a Kesha, Britney Spears and Katy Perry song. Their original material is like a lighter/indie Paramore.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3463841/01 Track 01.mp3

All real (and I DO mean real, zero stacking, zero replacement) drums, edited of course.

Boogie and Orange guitar amps.

NO Autotune, NO time-aligning of 26 tracks of vocals, or on the guitars or bass.

It's a rough-ass mix for them to listen to on the way home, so please mind the shitty over-compressed master. Did this today for fun, and I'd like to guys to hear a very organic recording.

If anyone wants to know more about this, I'll post details of the tracking.

EDIT: Chick was drop-dead gorgeous and very sweet, which helped, considering it was going to be my day off.

They are called Farraday

Do they live in a cage? :D edit: looks like they do :p

1307986557_far1.jpg

but yeah, I would've edited the bass in the beginning, it sounds like it's a bit off.

I edited the post, but the point was "faraday cage" ;)

Nicely done sir. :D

Yes, bass, guitar and vocal editing this week. Hopefully I pull off my mini vacation and can get this editing done on a beach somewhere warm this week.

I'm thinking I might go the whole 9 yards worth of full-on pop editing on this one, just for fun.

I'm a sick person though, I find editing fun.

Not sure if trolling or retarded...

I think heavy-handed pop style editing and sound replacement on the drums will help a lot - her voice is pretty annoying IMO, pitch is rough in a few spots in the main and in a few harmonies. The overall sound will benefit from the plastic sheen of AT+vocalign.

I guess that's up to your interpretation, but i think she's cute.