Working on a Guitar Tone

SkylarWanke

Jan 6, 2014
Wyoming
I downloaded the raw tracks for "Unanswered" by Suicide Silence off of a post that I found here (I'll give the link at the end), and I'm working on trying to find a guitar tone to use on some of my personal music. I was wondering if you guys could give me some opinions on the tone? The mix too.

I used BIAS Desktop for the guitars and bass and EZDrummer 2 with the Metal, Rock, and the standard Modern pieces for drums and I used Waves SSL, Scheps 73, and the NLS Buss plugins in addition to Reaper's stock EQ plugin as well.

*Stems downloaded from here*

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/practice-room/954574-huge-list-stem-downloads.html

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for that kind of tone you're going to need a good amp and cab. For the cab I'd recommend something that has a couple speakers like Celestion Vintage 30, 12" 8ohm. This also has a multiple guitar tracks (probably 4 or even 8). What kind of amp are you running? If you are just throwing digital effects into a clean channel inside of Reaper you aren't going to get that same feel.

If you are looking for that kind of tone you're going to need a good amp and cab. For the cab I'd recommend something that has a couple speakers like Celestion Vintage 30, 12" 8ohm. This also has a multiple guitar tracks (probably 4 or even 8). What kind of amp are you running? If you are just throwing digital effects into a clean channel inside of Reaper you aren't going to get that same feel.

Well, the Soundcloud link that is in my post is the mix/tone that I've gotten thus far. I don't have access to a real amp at the moment, although within the next two to four weeks I'm going to order one of the 60 Watt Laney IRT heads (can't wait!). For that, I used the Positive Grid BIAS desktop plug-in over the DI tracks that I got from a thread on here.