working on a decent Ddent tone (Periphery)

Jul 31, 2010
Some guy on here idk remember who posted this with the DI's and i had it on my computer and i never messed around with it so i thought i would try it out, i only spent about 30 mins on it.

I don't have any good drum machine program's for this, so i just used a midi rock kit thats on cubase, my main reason of doing this was to just see if i could get a solid guitar tone down, djent is something im getting interested in,

leave any thoughts

the guitars are ENGL on pod farm, with a TS and thread plate cab.
and eq with reaper Vst plugin

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Periphery djent guitar tone test working on patch.mp3

i cant really understand why people are not looking for the great djent references from meshuggahs chaosphere..
not some mediocre pod tones... i mean seriously, if you want the original djent sound,
get a t75, mic that with condensers. use a mesa boogie with tc pre amp, play like fred and marten and youll have the greatest djent
tone ever.

I don't think that tone is too bad, but it lacks that punch. It's also a bit thin sounding. A lot of the punch problems probably stem more from the DI than from your tone, though.

Here's the Periphery tone I've been messing with.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: