Sickest bass tone i have ever got so far!!! (Emmure cover) LOOK...

Jul 31, 2010
I just wanted to do with for fun and have a emmure style mix that i did to put up on my studio page, But i was not expecting to get a bass tone this good so fast.

The mix is not fully done, but please share your input on because i might not be catching mistakes.

Also im not really trying to mix it like joeys or anything, i do not want to knock off his work so i want to give it kinda my own style (even tho its nothing amazing) but hey its still how i mix.

Guitars - pod farm

Bass - Sansamp

(bass and drums)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Em... clip to post on UM BASS AND DRUMS) FSP's.mp3

(full mix)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Em...- mix 2 ( small clip to post on UM) FSP's.mp3

FAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

any further info on this?

cheers
S.

Well like i said before

Guitars - Pod farm

Bass Chain is 3 tracks.

Track 1 Sansamp reamp 1(This is for the body)
Then EQ and compression(nothing fancy)

Track 2 Copy and paste that first reamp.
Then added a sansamp sim in pod farm over top that.
Then i ran a 500hz Highpass to get all the lows out.

track 3 is a TS808 reamp
only thing on there is a 500hz Highpass to remove the lows.

Then your just going to blend them all together.
Do not be afraid to add to much grit, because i think there is no such thing! hahaha ;) love the grinding sound on my bass tracks.

Drums

Kick is slate 10
(with a kick blended with that i can not say)
Just find you something clicky to blend under it.
some people say my kick is to clicky but thats how i like it, in this mix i darkened it up a lot more than normal.

Snare is

Slate 11
Slate A1
Slate 5z4
ludwig black B sample
And a orange county snare.

Those i have blended together working as one, with key freq from each snare so its all balanced out. (Im not super big on my snare tone, but its whatever it works its not to hard on the ears)

Toms and cymbals are all from the Emmure packs, (Who would have guessed) haha :p

Also i use no verb on my drums, just room samples so keep that in mind, i do not like the sound of VTS verbs on drums, makes it seem more fake than it really is.

Not saying my mix's are the most natural thing ever... because they are far from it lol.

I have been changing up my sound and mixing style a lot lately and its starting to get to where i want it. Just like everyone else here its a learning process and ill never be fully happy with any mix i do but it keeps me trying to do better and better.
but I'm glade you guys like the mix man! :kickass:

also anyone else that would like to share advice go for it, i love to hear people thoughts, sometimes it helps me out a lot! :)

sounds pretty mean, good work!
care to also share the bass used? was played with a pick I suppose.

thanks dude.

It was a warwick 5 string.
Strings were Pro Steels brand new.

Guitar was a EC1000

add yes with a pick.

My friend from with no remorse tracked the bass, he is a very tight guitarist picks very hard, he had just set that warwick up with a .145 on the B string because they are recording a new track with brian hood tomorrow, so i had him do it since the strings were fresh and mine on my fender jazz are about a week old right now ( i have new strings but im tracking a band in a week so i wanted to save them )

But that bass sounds reallly damn good. lol
I'm kinda thinking about going and picking one up for my studio here soon.

awesome...
could you show the 3 bass tracks separately? it would be great to know how to get it similar.

just try it out man, like its not the most crazy hard thing to get i promise.

The strings and bass you are using matters tho most tho! :D
gotta have fresh strings every time you track some bass.

I change before every band i record
sucks but pays off in the end.

also i might upload those later, im not around my desktop so i can't right now maybe later on tonight i can if i get some down time.

just try it out man, like its not the most crazy hard thing to get i promise.

The strings and bass you are using matters tho most tho! :D
gotta have fresh strings every time you track some bass.

I change before every band i record
sucks but pays off in the end.

also i might upload those later, im not around my desktop so i can't right now maybe later on tonight i can if i get some down time.

thanks Chris. Yes, i´m trying it but no good luck.haha.
upload those tracks.:)

what kick is that? sounds nice n beefy, yet not too clicky for my taste

edit: i see your post on it now, kinda sounds like it was blended with the kick i shared on here.