World's Fastest Guitar Player April 2011

There's a backing track there playing the exact same thing right?
Also, sounds like a tone aimed more towards masking articulation rather than highlighting it.

Looks fake to me. Also sounds like shit but hey, at least it's less dangerous than a hot dog eating contest.

Horrid tone But dude is blinding. Wish I could pick consistently at 300 bpm. Don't really care too much for the flight but...+1 to the bitching at the "now do it with soul". While I can appreciate that coming from Iommi, Page, Gilmour, or Howlin' Wolf, I don't give two shits about guitar wank whether it is blues or this. Write me a song. This stuff is kinda like classical music, the orchestra is supposed to do two things. Follow the conductor and interpret the score. No one gives a reeking shit about the third violin's "soul". This kind of douchebaggery is strictly limited to the guitarworld (along with at least a thousand other snobbish and deluded convictions about playing, gear, well...anything really!). He's the fastest. He wins.

BTW has anyone seen that band he is in...?

wtf?

http://envinity.org/moiras-lake.html

I don't think I've ever seen so much shameless self-promotion in my life...

Etienne Sinn you have been owned.

Oh shit! That stuff is hilarious! I couldn't bring myself to read all of it but here's my favorite quote:

This album is fucking expensive
You're damn right it is!

In fact, you could buy 4 or 5 mediocre albums for the same price. (Just mp3's of course).
"What, you think your album is so much better than everyone else's?"
That’s right, asshole. But it still doesn't mean you'll like it. In fact, you probably won't get it.
"So I'm paying way more for an album I won't even like?!"
Totally! (You probably won't start to love the record until you listen to the whole thing about five times though. It requires actual effort from you).
"What the hell man! Now I have to spend a bunch of hours trying to like it? Why?!"
Because it's not some stupid bullshit top 40 record.
This album is fucking brilliant. If you have this much of a problem, just go buy something popular off of iTunes then. Seriously. Don't buy this.

My big dog is totally immune to me make noise on my guitar all the time, but that video made her lift her head up and look confused. Me too.

funny stuff on the self promotion thing
it's just a way to get more attention

didn't make me want to listen to the music though haha

Impressive, but sounds like dick.

+1. This does nothing musically satisfying for me whatsoever. I believe he is what Devin Townsend refers to as a "dungeon master". :lol:

I'd like to see/hear this video slowed down to see if he is legitimately playing everything note for note.

watch

This sounds real

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you guys on about? He was trying to beat the record in a discipline that can actually be measured (unlike creativeness, soul, or whatever), and that's all there is. Nothing more, nothing less.
I must say though that I really can't tell if he has played it cleanly when he upped the speed to like 400 bpm (I suppose I couldn't tell even if a computer would playing it at that speed). Nevertheless...