Worship Music - Anthrax

DarkNe0

New Metal Member
Sep 13, 2011
New Anthrax album was just released yesterday, what are your thoughts and opinions about it?

I am almost through my first listen which obviously is way to early to give a great opinion about the album. My initial thoughts are however that I am pleasantly surprised. I did not expect the album to be as strong as it is. I am really digging "earth on hell" and also "I'm alive" on the first listen.

It doesnt quite hold up all the way through. We'll see if that changes with repeated listens or not. On the last track now - gonna be interesting to hear the Refused cover which is supposedly a hidden track.

I think it kicks all sorts of ass. Easily one of my top 10 so far this year. Kinda a cross between 'Persistence' and that first one with Bush.

Yeah, I really like it actually. Probably one of the best albums they released, even though Belladona doesn't really sound the same as on Among the Living.

I am almost through my first listen which obviously is way to early to give a great opinion about the album. My initial thoughts are however that I am pleasantly surprised. I did not expect the album to be as strong as it is. I am really digging "earth on hell" and also "I'm alive" on the first listen.

It doesnt quite hold up all the way through. We'll see if that changes with repeated listens or not. On the last track now - gonna be interesting to hear the Refused cover which is supposedly a hidden track.

Yup same here, I'll have a to listen to it a few more times to give a solid opinion about it. And I think that cover is hidden in Revolution Screams.

I think it's the album that should have been made after POP. It's not a highlight for the band, but listenable enough to be purchased.

My copy it's on the way :D

Haven't really heard it enough to make a final verdict or anything.
But first impressions are... disappointment, I mean, I didn't expect Joey to sound like he did in the 80's, but he sounds just like Bush, if not worse.
The rest really isn't that special but it's good enough. I'd put it with somewhere between White Noise/Stomp 442.

Just my opinion... It's still a decent album, but it hardly compares with the latest efforts from the other "Big 4" IMHO. (Not saying they SHOULD be compared.)

But yeah, early statement, may grow on me yet. :)

I think it's really, really good. I'm not the biggest Anthrax fan either, post Among The Living anyway. It'll be high in my top ten list.

Grows by part for me, I could have get a couple of fillers out (and definitively the hidden track, but since it's hidden I won't held it against the album for the top countdown of the year).

Fight 'Em Til You Can't it's the obvious standing song, then Earth On Hell, I'm Alive, In The End (great chorus), The Giant (kinda Armored Saint vibe?), Judas Priest are all good stuff.

The packaging it's weird, too simple the booklet for the band, and digi-slip? Didn't knew the guys were back to Megaforce Records, that brings lot of memories.

Haven't really heard it enough to make a final verdict or anything.
But first impressions are... disappointment, I mean, I didn't expect Joey to sound like he did in the 80's, but he sounds just like Bush, if not worse.
The rest really isn't that special but it's good enough. I'd put it with somewhere between White Noise/Stomp 442.

Just my opinion... It's still a decent album, but it hardly compares with the latest efforts from the other "Big 4" IMHO. (Not saying they SHOULD be compared.)

But yeah, early statement, may grow on me yet. :)

Just picked this up the other day & only listed to it once. Yeah, Joey's vox seem a little off... Need to go spin it a couple more times before I rush to judgement.

So a considerable amount of time has passed since I've listened to the album, and while it was an amazing experience to put a NEW Belladonna vinyl in the player and hear some great music pumping out, I don't really feel enthused to flip it over to the B-Side anymore... Devil You Know, Earth On Hell, I'm Alive and to a lesser degree Fight 'Em are all my picks and they're all on the first side. The Constant is cool too but it seems like a bit of a wait between the last good song on the first side and the next awesome song on the next side to be worth flipping it over.

All things considered it's still a solid album but I don't think anything they put out (at least for another couple albums... if they've got it in them) will match the Pre-SOWN era. And I'm definitely happy that Joey's back, and he actually surprised me with what he can do with his voice, he showed a lot of variety on this album and in a way it is probably the thing making me look forward to the next album... when hopefully he will have some sort of writing input

I'm digging it,been giving it a lot of spins.

Same here, spinning it a the moment. Has very catchy songs.

Let the right one in
Ya gotta go with the Devil you know...