Worship Music's production.

Stompmosher

Aug 13, 2011
What do you guys think? Although it's too early to say if it's the best album, I think this album is the best production yet. Polished but not overproduced, the balance and mix is just right. Great Drum sound, Guitar and Bass tones, very full sounding. Maybe the Vocals could be a tad louder here or there but I'm splitting hairs. Great sounding album for sure.

I like the production quite a bit; was surprised about it, quite honestly! I remember we discussing the production of FETYC before the album was released, and as it turned out, that track final production is much better on the real album (unless the encoding used for the mp3 really sucked-the real track sounds even better than that freebie!)

It's certainly better produced than any the classic albums, IMO.

WM is far from being my favorite Anthrax album, however if I'm going solely on the vocal performance, I think it is Anthrax's best. Joey sounds absolutely incredible and his delivery on this album outshines anything they've done previously, vocal-wise.

Yeah WM has modern sound...almost too polished in my opinion...but they had radio in their minds so I understand...anyway I'd like to have old albums remastered perhaps remixed in order to hear how those could benefit from modern technology...

T:)

i like all the Anthrax-productions except 'Fistful', STD & SOE, i'm fine with them but they should be remastered. i did a remaster of 'Fistful' myself and the guitars are much louder now in the mix. all of the Bushthrax-records have good production, especially WCFYA, it sounds perfect imo. 'Worship Music' sounds modern but is not overproduced like modern metal-records usually are.

They use some nice different distortion sounds on WM. Ultimate test was my car audio and that was awesome, Thrashard, you're right about WCFYA, but that also had the best opener ever.

i like all the Anthrax-productions except 'Fistful', STD & SOE, i'm fine with them but they should be remastered. i did a remaster of 'Fistful' myself and the guitars are much louder now in the mix. all of the Bushthrax-records have good production, especially WCFYA, it sounds perfect imo. 'Worship Music' sounds modern but is not overproduced like modern metal-records usually are.

How did you get the individual tracks for Fistful?

I think there's not enough punch in the drums in WCFYA

i like it,alot of people say every band ripped off panteras sound but i think there production influenced alot of bands,wm sounds so fucking fresh crisp and heavy.

How did you get the individual tracks for Fistful?
i remastered the cd-tracks with a cheap sound-programme and i'm more than satisfied with the result. the songs are louder, more up-front and i changed the equalizer-settings so that you can hear the guitars much better than on the original version. maybe i will do the same with SOE.

@Thrashard Nice. Nice indeed. I would like to hear your remastered version

i remastered the cd-tracks with a cheap sound-programme and i'm more than satisfied with the result. the songs are louder, more up-front and i changed the equalizer-settings so that you can hear the guitars much better than on the original version. maybe i will do the same with SOE.

I do that quite often using cooledit pro, using the limiter function. It can make quite a difference as long as you don't over-do it.
Speaking of remixing older songs, I have the Bring the Noise single with a remix of I am the Law. It was done by the guys that mixed POT and Metallica's Justice album. Believe it or not, that remix is a huge improvement on an already great mix. Just imagine if all of Among had that mix.

there are def. some old albums recorded in such a poor quality that you can't do much to make them sound better. imo one of the worst productions ever is 'Suffering Hour' by Anacrusis, an underrated Prog-Thrash band. the album contains great songs but the sound-quality is horrible. one of the best sounding remasters is Megadeth's debut, i couldn't listen to the old version because of the bad sound quality.

WM is far from being my favorite Anthrax album, however if I'm going solely on the vocal performance, I think it is Anthrax's best. Joey sounds absolutely incredible and his delivery on this album outshines anything they've done previously, vocal-wise.

Agreed

there are def. some old albums recorded in such a poor quality that you can't do much to make them sound better. imo one of the worst productions ever is 'Suffering Hour' by Anacrusis, an underrated Prog-Thrash band. the album contains great songs but the sound-quality is horrible. one of the best sounding remasters is Megadeth's debut, i couldn't listen to the old version because of the bad sound quality.

Was Fistful Of Metal recorded in Neil Turbin's bathroom??