Worst Cover Artwork or Picture..

plan13

Jan 15, 2004
WV
I'm firing this thread up because of the posts from the "Favorite Cover Artwork" thread.... that Vice photo was completely ridiculous, and I gotta see more!!!

These are the first two to come to mind...

Fear Of God
fearofgod.jpg

Sea Hags
seahags.jpg

plan13 said:
These are the first two to come to mind...

Fear Of God
fearofgod.jpg

Sea Hags
seahags.jpg
Fates Warning's first album Night On Brocken takes it hands down. If the recored label puts out a new cover, with just a simple shot of a full moon at night, to replace what looks like a 7 year old kid drawing, you know it's bad!!! I don't have the proper equipment to show you how bad the original cover is, but when I go to my friends house for the superbowl tomorrow, I'll post it. I love the band, but that cover when I bought it back in88, made me ask the guy who told me I would love this band(before I listened to it) " are you sure you meant Fates Warning?" And usually I don't judge books or albums by the cover...that's how bad it is!!!

Dahaha. You want to see BAD?

METALMAGIC15.jpg

pantera4c.jpg

pantera3c.jpg

power18.jpg

Check out these old Pantera album covers. Hilarious. :tickled: And those drawings.. I think I can do better jizzing on a piece of paper.

This thread could go forever!! The first 2 Pantera's are a no-brainer but I kinda like the cover of I Am The Night. Forgot about the Sea Hags cover..... ouch!

Here's a couple......

axe.jpg

blacklace.jpg

laaz.jpg

An this is one of my favorite new bad covers.... I like the album though...

metalucifer.jpg

sixxswine said:
South of Heaven? I don't have problem with that one.

I was thinking the same thing. Not that it's great but there are some worse Slayer covers.

South Of Heaven's cover sucks? YOU SUCK. That album cover is pretty interesting cause I actually draw like that.

Independently if I like or not the album:

Metal Church - "Hanging In The Balance"
Culprit - "Guilty As Charged"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Blizzard Of Ozz"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Diary Of A Madman"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Speak Of The Devil"
Judas Priest - "Demolition"
Thin Lizzy - "Thin Lizzy"
Deep Purple - "Bananas"
Helloween - "Chameleon"
Armored Saint - "Delirious Nomad"

Iron Maiden's covers not done by Derek Riggs :OMG:
More than I can pinpoint right now.

plan13 said:
I'm firing this thread up because of the posts from the "Favorite Cover Artwork" thread.... that Vice photo was completely ridiculous, and I gotta see more!!!

My band's first full length is quite aweful! I wanted to use something else but I was outvoted and we were running out of time, so we went with it...big mistake. I'm glad we decided to hire Travis Smith for our second full length (which was my idea). It turned out pretty awesome and disturbing, that guy has some serious issues. (This is the bad one by the way)
rpcovt.jpg