Worst movies you've seen

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
We've all seen some shit movies in our time, so what are the worst you can remember seeing? Two that come to mind for me are:

Children of the Corn V - what a bad, bad horror film. Lucky I only paid $1.20 to watch it at the cinema.

Reality Bites - complete, utter wank.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The Next Generation - No wonder Renee Zellweger and Michael Macaughney didn't want this turkey released. Hahah. What a bad movie. It's almost one of those films that's so bad, it's good. But it's not. It's just bad.

I've always had a deep-seated contempt for Legends of the Fall. I loathe that film. I also hate A Beautiful Mind.

I don't think it's fair listing D-Grade films such as Children of the Corn V and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. Those films were doomed from the start. One should really concentrate on the films with A-list talent and established directors... you know, the ones from people who should really know better.

I didn't mind TCM: TNG...

but definitely the worst movie ever is Spanglish.

Everything about that movie is bad. Not one good thing about it. Apart from the ability to use it as an adjective now... every movie that is as, or has scenes that are as pointless as Spanglish, is now a sequel to it!

Hitch = Spanglish 2
King Kong = Spanglish 3
Fun with Dick & Jane = Spanglish 4
Firewall = Spanglish 5
Brokeback Mountain = Spanglish Mountain

:D

The worst movie I have seen in recent memory that wasn't a d grade film and should have been better was Cellular. Holy shit, Kim Basinger's acting in that was some of the worst I have ever seen. Shocker.

Another higher budget film that shouldn't have been so terrible was The Grudge (Hollywood version). Absolute SHIT. If you want to follow the success of The Ring by making a Hollywood version of a Japanese horror film, actually make it better than the original, not a million times worse.

Another shit heap film was Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. I thought the first film was fantastic, but this ridiculous sequel was absolutely terrible.

One I watch recently was called Demonlover, which had a mixture of French, Japanese and English dialogue. It sounded appealing, about a French firm that was in negotiations to get the rights to some Japanese Hentai films and dealt with the underground surrounding the industry. Don't be fooled, it was shithouse.

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
Narnia
Empire Records
anything with Tom Cruise
White Chicks
Shrek
King Kong - new one

Blitzkrieg said:
Another shit heap film was Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. I thought the first film was fantastic, but this ridiculous sequel was absolutely terrible.

HAHAH - yes, James Remar is so not Rayden. As shit as it is, I still want to get this on DVD to go along with the first movie (only just released on DVD this year!) and the TV series set (also dodgy).

I'm really looking forward to the third one though - Christopher fucking Lambert back as Rayden I read a while ago!

Speaking of Christopher Lambert and stinkers of movies - check out:

Adrenaline: Fear the Rush

I saw it when I was younger and always remembered it vaguely and it sparked my interest when I saw it cheap at JB. I thought I had missed some of it when I originally saw it... but no... it's just shit and terrible, especially plot-wise. Check it out!

Blitzkrieg said:
If LOTR was one of the worst things you had seen, why watch the whole trilogy? :err:

with the first being awful I just assumed the ones to follow would be just as terrible.

Celestial-Todd said:
Wow... you just listed some of my favourite films. I guess at least one of us has really bad taste in movies :lol:

anyone who thinks Empire Records or Shrek are any good are obviously daft.