Worst movies you've seen

Although far from the worst movies I have ever seen, The second and third Matrix movies were supremely disappointing.

The Lord Of The Rings, and Harry Potter films were frustratingly overdone too.

Bring It On Again is stupidly bad, especially considering how much I enjoy the first.

Lord Tim said:
Blair Witch Project II - what a steaming load of vomit covered faeces that was! Bleh!

I quite liked it actually... it seemed that it was cut to shit by the studio or something though.

Goreripper said:
Yeah the second Matrix film was so bad I didn't bother watching the third one.

The second one had the ghosts and the big car chase yeah?
Well the third had nothing. :(

Incarnate said:
DOOM
Devil's Prey (Some really cheap horror with no name actors and no story, lots of tits though)
I agree with Queen of the Damned. How could they make that after the awesome Interview with a Vampire?? Boggles the mind.
OMG! DOOM WAS HORRIBLE! it can not end in some ninja fight seen.

I thought the first Matrix was a pile of derivative, overrated shit, so I never bothered with the sequels.

According to some people's logic, that means I have no right to criticise the film because I haven't seen the whole trilogy and thus don't know the full story. My question to them is if I didn't enjoy the first one, why should I send my bum to sleep by watching the other two? :rolleyes:

W

Wrathchild said:
I thought the first Matrix was a pile of derivative, overrated shit, so I never bothered with the sequels.

I'm surprised that you didn't like the first.. :confused:

I agree with Blitz. It's a classic! :headbang:

I might have enjoyed the first one if I hadn't seen or read it all done before by better writers than the Wachowskis. They ripped off everyone from Harlan Ellison to Plato and back again. Even Dio is more original than those hacks. Have you read the lyrics to Computer God lately?

W

I liked the first 2 Matrix movies... the third was just confusing and not very fun. I wouldn't call them anywhere near the worst movies, that's for sure.

I quite liked the second Matrix. I never did see the third one though. It took me a long, long time to like the first one - I almost walked out the first time I saw it.

LOTR and Potters 1, 3 and 4 were great. Anybody who disagrees is, quite frankly, wrong. Unfortunately, no correspondence will be entered into. :(

Spiff said:
LOTR and Potters 1, 3 and 4 were great. Anybody who disagrees is, quite frankly, wrong. Unfortunately, no correspondence will be entered into. :(

I think my problem was that I always feel the need to read the book first - and then the films just never live up to expectations. This is the reason that I wont be seeing the Da Vinci Code. That, and Tom Hanks' hair.

Blitzkrieg said:
What was your gripe with the second HP?

Maybe the same problem that I had with the second book - that it was basically a complete rehash of the first.

I just didn't enjoy it. I liked the book, but the adaptation was pretty average. The problem with Chris Columbus as a director was that he tried to be too faithful with the books, and I just didn't think it worked. Azkaban and Goblet were far superior, and I can't imagine they would have been anywhere near as good if Columbus was still at the helm.

Not sure about that, but the 2nd certainly has been my least favourite of the first 4 as well. I still dug it though.

I like watching the film first, because you enjoy it, and when you read the book, there is enough new material to enjoy that as well. If I always read the book first, I would probably be disappointed as well.