Worst words in the English language?

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
As we all know, some words are just completely shitty and gay. It may have to do with the meaning of the word or just how it sounds. Let's find out what everyone's least favorite words are. Make a list, you twats. Write down the words that make you cringe when you are forced to speak them aloud.

Note: I was going to make this a "favorite & least favorite" thread, but then I realised that at least half the "favorites" were going to be swear words or have to do with sex, violence or various superlative concepts, so I said fuck that. This thread is for shitty and gay words only.

Some of my least favorites:

* agnostic
* ankle
* belly
* bona-fide
* burp
* care
* cheek
* comfortable (a.k.a. "cumpfturbull")
* cuss
* diagnostic
* England/English
* language (yes, the thread title is pretty painful)
* margarine
* molar
* music (though obviously I have to say it a lot so I'm pretty desensitized)
* pinky
* promise
* pussy
* sensitive/sensitivity/desensitized/etc.
* spank
* spatula
* spouse
* spunk
* stink/stank/stunk
* tanktop
* thumb
* torture (ugh... just saying it over and over again is a form of it)
* tummy

I'll come up with more later I'm sure. I might even put together a list of everyone's shitty words and rank them by how many people find them shitty.

I also hate spatula and margarine.
The word "umbrella" always felt suspiciously un-English and just weird to me when uttered.I'll try to think of more.

I've never felt a particular aversion to any specific word.

Out of curiosity, Grant: why the words "agnostic" and "diagnostic?" Furthermore, what about the word "gnostic?"

I've never felt a particular aversion to any specific word.

Out of curiosity, Grant: why the words "agnostic" and "diagnostic?" Furthermore, what about the word "gnostic?"

I think it's mainly the nasality of the words. It just sounds like when someone says them they're mustering about 80 grams of snot up their nose. They also sound like the quintessential thing for a flabby, bespectacled dork to say. "Gnostic" is a little hairy as well, but the lack of the phlegm-triggering syllable "ag" helps it out a lot.

Judicial

It's almost impossible to say it without sounding retarded.

I kinda see where you're at there but I don't get what the big deal is. I think I can say "Judicial" just fine.

I notice that 7 of the words I've listed are body parts. God fucking damn, body parts are obnoxious.

Jaguar.

I fucking hate this word. This word is to a west virginian what a tongue twister is to a retard.

Also hate the word tongue, coincidentally.