Worst words in the English language?

Maybe you should learn Chinese. The Q is pronounced like a CH though.

EDIT: China gets its name from the province of Qin.

From the Qin dynasty, to be exact. It's ironic since the Qin Emperor went down in history as a bloodthirsty tyrant. The successive Han dynasty was like the Roman Empire for the Chinese, and thus most Chinese called themselves "Han" henceforth.

Biweekly...so am I supposed to do something every 2 weeks or something twice a week?

Every 2 weeks, duh. Twice a week = semi-weekly. Any misuse of those terms is due to pure stupidity on the part of the speaker.

Biweekly...so am I supposed to do something every 2 weeks or something twice a week?

haha, is this a word? bi weekly..
I'm doing a-level English language, I should know these things.
My tutor complained of a class habit to use the non-existent word 'unrelatable' in their essays..

I thought that sounded silly however. 'Irrelatable' sounds better but that doesn't exist either.

My favourite word is Belissimo. Which isn't real in the English Language yet.
It's really astounding how fast words are being created and then spreading and being used in formal context and media. Once this occurs to a certain prevalence it is acknowledged by the Oxford Dictionary as a real word and added, no matter how stupid it may be.

Ever 2 weeks, duh. Twice a week = semi-weekly. Any misuse of those terms is due to pure stupidity on the part of the speaker.
I've never heard about semi-weekly. But then, you can attach "semi" to pretty much anything these days and make up unimaginable curiosities and grotesqueries on the double that have no denotation in real life
semi-ball semibook semipoop semifist semiblob, etc.As is the case with other particle words.

Every 2 weeks, duh. Twice a week = semi-weekly. Any misuse of those terms is due to pure stupidity on the part of the speaker.

Bi-weekly is every other week. Duhr.

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861590876/biweekly.html

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/biweekly

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Biweekly

http://www.answers.com/topic/biweekly

Apparently, I'm not the only one confused. I'd be fine if everybody said semi-weekly for twice a week and biweekly for every 2 weeks. Sadly it doesn't happen very often so I'm left with with confusion almost every time it's being used.

Wow that's fucking gay. I wonder why I was off on that.

There's seriously no fucking point whatsoever to that word if it can mean both of those things. Congratulations, dictionary author jackasses, for redefining a word into complete uselessness. :erk:

Yeah, that's just dumb and wrong. It's pretty obvious from other applications of "bi" and "semi" that the former means two of something and the latter means half (or at least part) of something. Bicycle, semicircle, bisexual, etc. If I ever hear anyone pull that shit on me in person, I will promptly correct them and tell them to stick their phony dictionary definition up their ass.

"Irregardless" is the worst word in the English language. :)
I enjoy "correcting" people who say regardless. It really screws with them.

Yeah, that's just dumb and wrong. It's pretty obvious from other applications of "bi" and "semi" that the former means two of something and the latter means half (or at least part) of something. Bicycle, semicircle, bisexual, etc. If I ever hear anyone pull that shit on me in person, I will promptly correct them and tell them to stick their phony dictionary definition up their ass.
I think the confusion comes when applied to time related things, because of the different way of looking at it. "Semi" could mean half the amount of things (ie every two weeks) or half the time (ie twice a week).

Nah, not really. I can't think of any words where "bi" would normally mean "twice per" and not just "twice".

I know that's what you said, what I was saying is that I don't know of any "bi-" words that have that meaning primarily over the "twice" one.

A good 70% of the people in my area use "alls" in sentences.
Examples: "Alls I gotta do..." "Alls I saw was..."

It is usually followed by "I gotsta" :erk: