Would REALLY appreciate some help with my guitar sound!

BeneElim

New Metal Member
Dec 5, 2011
Hi there!

I'm new to these forums and you'll have to excuse me if I'm in the wrong section, but this seemed the most fitting.

I basicly want some kind soul to help me in my struggle with my guitar sound (im a noobie so go ahead and insult me if you want to and then please help).
The attached clip is first off - the sound I'm striving for.
Second - the sound I've gotten so far.

So basicly I wonder if someone could help talking me through this, since I know what sound I'm going for. I'm not that good at this so some details would be nice if possible.

Recording equipment:
Reaper recording software
POD x3
Guitar - Ibanez RGT42DX

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52235685/GuitarSoundSample.mp3

Thankful for help!

is there a bass on there? what is the original one recorded with? ampsim or amp? i think i would try to dial in the bass guitar and try different impulses on the guitar. maybe like and angled 57

There is only bass on the first track (which ofc will make a difference but you can still hear a great deal of divergency in the tone of the guitars). No bass on my own track though (the later one).
The original recording (first one, simply the sound I WANT to achieve) wasn't done by me but I'm quite sure it was recorded with podfarm.

yeah dude def get a bass tight bass on yours and it will make a huge difference. i've found its hard to hear what the guitars are gonna sound like without a complete mix. if you listen to that firat guitar riff without a bass guitar i guarantee you it will sound thin and weak

You just need to do some EQing on the guitars. It'll sound much better. Adding bass will also do wonders.

Also, are the guitars dead panned, in meaning, are they 100% panned on each side?

You just need to do some EQing on the guitars. It'll sound much better. Adding bass will also do wonders.

Also, are the guitars dead panned, in meaning, are they 100% panned on each side?

Oh, okay!

The guitars in the first clip is either 80/80 or 100/100, can't remember atm.
The guitars in MY clip is 80/80.

And do you have any tip on how I could EQ to get the desired sound? Pass's n such?