would you buy a jvm..

rispsira

Mar 18, 2010
if it was the satriani model?

been gasing for it pretty hard lol

and i see that a lot of you have been getting awesome results with the standard one but i wonder if this one can do the same after the changes..

I can get one for a good price but i wont be able to try it so i was wondering if you guys had any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go for it man, the changes from the original mostly seem to be positive ones and if you didn't like it I'm sure you could sell it for a decent price.

Yeah those features are extremely cool and it's way better than a regular jvm if it works like Satriani says. Just know that it's not a brootz amp without a boost but Marshall always seems to fit the mix perfectly.

Here's a JVM metal tone out of my JMD:

they have the new satriani locally here, unfortunately my setup is "setup" 250km from here, and they have nothing but strats and jazzboxes here. bummer, hopefully the shop near my gear will have one soon.

what im trying to say is, i would love to try the new "improved" jvm, the old only sounded good with greenbacks to me, my former bandmate had the original and we never got it to sound great with our mesas, kranks and 6505`s. unusable distortion, unless it was on greenbacks for some reason.

My favorite tones actually always came from the OD1 on the JVM. I personally believe that if you'r'e running actives or high output pickups like most metal guys are, you shouldn't have any trouble getting br00tz from the Satch JVM without a boost.

I do know that I wanna play one, though...

Yeah those features are extremely cool and it's way better than a regular jvm if it works like Satriani says. Just know that it's not a brootz amp without a boost but Marshall always seems to fit the mix perfectly.

Here's a JVM metal tone out of my JMD:

jvm tone out of your jmd?

Sorry for taking so long to answer.. Really appreciate it! its done, i ordered it but it should take a couple of months until i receive it. Ill let you guys know how it works out though i wont be able to compare it to the original jvm that ive never played.

Thanks again!

jvm tone out of your jmd?

Exactly, all the "modern" preamps of the JMD are from the JVM410. :headbang: After that it's all about how much you trust Softube and I trust them a lot since they make some of the best plugins out there. :)