Wow... This Guy's REALLY Good

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Hey,
I found this drummer on youtube. He's mindbogglingly awesome. If Axe ever got sick or something, he could definitely fill in as a replacement!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Vacz

My two favorites:

The Lotus Eater :zombie:

Deliverance (part one and two)

Jake

Last edited by a moderator:
he's good, but mostly during the heavy parts. His dynamics and jazzy touch really aren't developed all that well yet (i'm not an authority however, i've been playing less than 2 years).

It's interesting... most drummers that focus on heavy, fast music can't improvise or play solidly at low volumes as well as guys who start out the opposite way, but the jazzy guys rarely attain the speeds of the latter. It's a rare breed that can morph seamlessly between the two.

he's good, but mostly during the heavy parts. His dynamics and jazzy touch really aren't developed all that well yet (i'm not an authority however, i've been playing less than 2 years).

It's interesting... most drummers that focus on heavy, fast music can't improvise or play solidly at low volumes as well as guys who start out the opposite way, but the jazzy guys rarely attain the speeds of the latter. It's a rare breed that can morph seamlessly between the two.

Sadly, this is true with many drummers. I once had (for a very short moment) a drummer in my band who did all these fancy double-bass drum patterns with his feet and had stamina. But when asking him to play softer and with drum tremolo and left foot keeping time with the hi-hat, he was like "what?". You need to know the basics and that's why Axe's such a great drummer.

The first guy is good, but the other one (Reverie/Harlequin Forest) is awesome!! Really, really beautiful cymbal work. His playing overall is mature and musical, never too much but he sure shows you what he can do when it's appropriate!

He's really good. He could work on his dynamics a bit, but if his technical skill wasn't so damn good, I don't think anyone would have noticed the volume level.