WoY appreciation

I bet you know this already, but even if you don't pre-order it, you could still probably order it from Dave later on. That doesn't answer your question, but just in case I am pointing that out.

The artist certainly deserves the fans' support...but when the album is unavailable, downloading or copying is really the only option.

For example, I heard about WoY from some online friends, and decided to download a song or two. I got Ghosts of Summers Past, The Will to Give and Allure of the Earth, and from the moment I listened to them I knew I was going to have that album. Thus, when the reprint drops, I shall throw my downloaded copy of Pursuit in the garbage and enjoy a legally purchased copy that supports the band.

If it hadn't been for downloading, I wouldn't even know who WoY are, and thus they wouldn't be getting my money for the various things I've ordered from them.

The artist certainly deserves the fans' support...but when the album is unavailable, downloading or copying is really the only option.

For example, I heard about WoY from some online friends, and decided to download a song or two. I got Ghosts of Summers Past, The Will to Give and Allure of the Earth, and from the moment I listened to them I knew I was going to have that album. Thus, when the reprint drops, I shall throw my downloaded copy of Pursuit in the garbage and enjoy a legally purchased copy that supports the band.

If it hadn't been for downloading, I wouldn't even know who WoY are, and thus they wouldn't be getting my money for the various things I've ordered from them.

My thoughts exactly, only I have 2 songs from their "Pursuit.." CD, and a purchased version of "Against The Seasons" (got for my birthday). You were lucky enough to get the CD when it was fresh I'm betting.

I still wish I had the full "Pursuit..." CD. I really can't wait for the re release, or at least an opportunity to listen to the whole CD.

I just got Pursuit from my friend. I'm not going to lie. I'm sure a majority of us found out about the band through downloading anyways. I have the full intention of buying the remastered version, and I am preordering it when preorders are available for it.

I listened to all of "Pursuit" today for the first time... I'm blown away. I can't wait for their Woods III.

What a great month. New Sopranos will be on in a few hours, it's my 18th birthday tomorrow, and to top it all off, The Woods of Ypres CD is due out this month.

It doesn't get much better.

Woods is a bad ass band, here's what I dig about them:

- Awesome riffs/musical arrangement
- Very well written lyrics
- Multiple vocal styles add more layers and flavour
- Lyrics are on topics that I can relate to and not all satanic/having to do with things that I can't relate to
- You can really tell how much they care about the music by how much effort goes into their albums, everything from the music, to the lyrics, to the recording, the artwork, production, etc

On a scale from 1 to 10, Woods is a 12, you can't punch a hole thru it! :headbang: :kickass:

- Lyrics are on topics that I can relate to and not all satanic/having to do with things that I can't relate to
- You can really tell how much they care about the music by how much effort goes into their albums, everything from the music, to the lyrics, to the recording, the artwork, production, etc

On a scale from 1 to 10, Woods is a 12, you can't punch a hole thru it! :headbang: :kickass:

agreed.

Woods of ypres - the northern cold

BTW its black metal .. but not like mayhem and stuff.

I dont know much about this band other that they are from canada. But I have to share with those of you who dont know.

found this in the "Recommendation thread" on the forums of www.phride.com where i am a Moderator.
more Woods fans in the UAE :kickass:

I agree completely. I also love how the music itself has personality, and can instill a sense of doom, emptiness and/or helplessness, but at the same time empower. It's easily one of my favorite bands.