WoY drummer: Evan Madden/THE GREEN EVENING REQUIEM - New Album(s) News!!!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
As you probably know, WOODS OF YPRES drummer Evan 'Y-Mads' Madden's main band is called THE GREEN EVENING REQUIEM, based out of Philadelphia, PA, USA. Here's some news about the band, the new album out now and the next album, out later this year...

Friday, March 13th, 2009:

The Green Evening Requiem album, Bastards of Atlas, is now available.

The track list is as follows:
1. A Poison Tree
2. Affliction
3. If Ever So
4. Severance
5. Atlantis in Winter
6. The Human Nebula
7. Bastards of Atlas

Recently, the decision was made to release the album for download only, on a "pay whatever you want" basis, in order to make the music immediately available and affordable for all. Visit greenevening.com to download. We are very happy to present you with Bastards of Atlas, the first full-length album by The Green Evening Requiem. We thank everyone for all the support that we've been shown, especially over this past year.

We are thrilled to finally have our first album finished and available!
The recording process began with founding guitarist Joe Colasante leaving the band immediately after completing his guitar takes.
The recording process ended with guitarist/keyboardist Joe Winiarksi leaving the band due to irreconcilable differences, thus forcing the remaining members to mix the album from scratch over a few short weeks. Between those two points, The Green Evening Requiem played a number of awesome shows,including with Amorphis, Enslaved, Samael, Virgin Black, Naglfar, Dark Funeral, Daath, Gwynbleidd, Syrrah, Mortal Decay, Dirt Worshipper, Bubonic Bear, and Sil Veth.

Over the past year, the current members of The Green Evening Requiem have also stayed active with other projects, including Woe, Woods of Ypres, Unrest, and Cloud Minder.

The follow up album, Decomposer, is currently being written by Madden, Madden, and Grigg. We are very proud of the new material so far, and we expect to have Decomposer out by the end of the summer. We are far into the writing process and the beginning stages of demoing. Expect a few Decompser song demos to be posted this spring!

The Green Evening Requiem - "Bastards of Atlas" available at:

www.greenevening.com

Listen to this band!!

DG - \w/

:kickass:

In the past and based on just a few listens, I have thought this is a band with flashes of a fascinating and excellent sound, although I have not listened to their material in a while. I will most certainly picking this up to give it some proper munchin' over!

this is a band with a flashes of a fascinating and excellent sound

For real! Bryan Belleau (Woods guitars) and I were listening to the new songs after jamming tonight... Upon hearing the new stuff, it dawned on me that TGER really have their own unique sound, recognizable in seconds as theirs.

I have a feeling lots of unsuspecting listener folks will be hearing about this band very soon! :kickass:

WTF!!! Download only?!?

Fuck that shit! I want a fucking cd! Are they seriously gonna go britney Spears on us??? Fuck that! Cd, lp or fucking mc or I´m done with them!

we're upset to see that a fan is so unhappy, but we appreciate that you're willing to speak your mind.

download was the only way for us to get this album out right now, and we've had many setbacks that have delayed the release to begin with. the download includes the album art, liner notes, and lyrics. we are currently adding the entire album to Last.FM so that you can hear it before you buy it.

we WILL be pressing a cd of the Bastards of Atlas album at some point in the future, but in the meantime we just wanted you to be able to get new recordings from us.

the follow up record, Decomposer is mostly written and will be released as a CD album by the autumn, if not sooner.

I'm with Miltbrand in the idea that I don't consider an album to be fully released if it isn't in physical form, but at the same time, I understand what it's like to be in a band with no money and wanting people to hear your new stuff. So if the album will be pressed eventually, I'll just buy it then and until then, I'll listen to the stuff on last fm.
Can't wait to hear it!

I understand BOTH sides, but man, can I ever understand MY side even better! :)

My listening these days: new CDs get ripped to the Mac, dragged to the dg-pod, disc ends up on the floor of the back seat of my car. I can understand why people still want to own a physical representation of the music, but IMO, what's really important is the music. But that's just me, and I'm becoming a minimalist...

For example, if only I would have won Don Anderson's leather pants on ebay a while back, I probably would have gotten rid of every other pair of pants that I own, and just wear those every day, kinda like what that dude was saying at the end of FIGHT CLUB.

On the practical, realistic, money side: funds in exchange for audio is immediate, saves the band from unnecessary expenses, saves time, creates less waste, less clutter on your desk...and less clutter is good, again, IMO.

The world is changing, man.

DG - \w/

btw - been listening all night, really digging it! And I wouldn't say that UNLESS I truly meant it (if you don't believe me, ask all the bazillion myspacers who send me links to their halfhearted crap and have the nerve to ask me to help hype it up for them!...which I don't.).

Regardless, listen for yourself! :kickass:

Ok, I was very drunk last night. Now, sober, I´d probably tone things down a bit. But I still have to have a physical copy or it´s not a release. I´m just old(fashioned).

I honestly don´t know where I got that Britney Spears thing...:)

all i can say is what fuckin awesome groove
the bass/drum solidity provides for one hell of a backbone across every song

amazing