WoY Keyboardist (Jessica) Launches Corpseknit Clothing Line; Now Accepting Orders!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
See the link from bravewords.com for the links: http://www.bravewords.com/news/80728

Hot Flashes

WOODS OF YPRES - Keyboardist Launches Corpseknit Clothing Line; Now Accepting Orders

Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 05:04:10 EST

Jessica Rose, keyboardist for Canada's WOODS OF YPRES, recently launched her own line of neo-Victorian knitwear under the Corpseknit Clothing banner. She has issued the following update:

"As a designer, I create items that reflect my personal style. In turn, my pieces take on new life as they are infused with the stylistic vision of the wearer. My work is designed to be easily integrated into a wardrobe and enjoyed many times over.

I studied Fashion Design in Toronto, and graduated with highest honours in 2003. I am now working out of my humble home studio in Kitchener, Ontario.

My work is produced using a mechanical vintage Japanese knitting machine. Creating this way allows me to knit delicate yarn in intricate patterns that I would not be able to do by hand. With great patience and meticulous attention to detail, each piece is individually knit, blocked, and seamed.

Thank you for your support, and I encourage all Etsians to keep supporting independent artists and manufacturers. We can make a difference!"

To check out Jessica's work and for additional details go to this location.

As previously reported, Woods Of Ypres recently completed their new album, Woods III: The Deepest Roots And Darkest Blues. To order click here.

Good job Jess! Now make Dan and I some neo-Victorian knit shirts for on stage! Matching ones. I take a M, Dan is a L. :heh:

Thats awesome Jessica! I've always made note of some of the cool stuff I've seen you wearing in pictures and what not, especially when its all black and then like the random purple or red or something, it looks really awesome.

Yeah, it was really cool of BW&BK to help promote my line! My site is: www.corpseknit.com

I've only recently started to sell my work, so over the next few months I'll be getting more of my designs online. Actually, today I'm working on some masculine scarves, and a men's sweater design- so maybe by next winter David, you and Dan will have the sweaters you have always dreamed of ;)

Check out my site, and if you like my designs, be sure to help spread the word!