WoY's tuning?

May 27, 2007
San Francisco. Ca
Ive been trying to transcribe some Woods songs and i've been wondering what kind of tuning is used.

If anyone could answer this, i'd appreciate it, thanks.

I don't know why, but I've never really used dwon tuning before, I've always used standard. Though I maye try it soon when I get my new equipment.

As far as I know, I can't mess around with tuning because of the floating tremolo on my guitar. I don't know how to mess around with intonation and that crap so I'm stuck with standard.

I've got a guitar with a Floyd Rose and I can adjust the tuning slightly, like from E standard to Eb standard. If you just Loosen the springs in the back a little bit you might be able to get it down to D standard. I don't want to mess with intonation, either, that's why I don't go below D.

Yeah the floating trems do a good job of making everything difficult! I leave my floating trem guitar in standard, I never change it. My other two electrics are in Drop A so I can give one of them to another guitarist when my band gets off the ground. He's in Europe at the moment. Grr...

Yeah the floating trems do a good job of making everything difficult! I leave my floating trem guitar in standard, I never change it. My other two electrics are in Drop A so I can give one of them to another guitarist when my band gets off the ground. He's in Europe at the moment. Grr...

its good that they make things difficult. Having to keep the guitar in one steady tuning is good. Changing the guitars tuning constantly is bad for the guitar. (I believe its the neck joint, or the neck itself, but don't quote me on it).

I love my Floyd, I've had it in C Standard tuning since January and I've only had to loosen the nut to do major tuning once, and that was because of an idiotic friend what played with the tuning keys while it was locked.

Whoa that's impressive! I had some nasty bridge fucking the other day, had to open the whole thing up and re-tighten the springs. Something to do with the cold weather, it fucked up the entire tuning. I'd had that particular guitar in its case for a few weeks without playing (was playing others!)

btw I never change my Drop A guitars, except for the occasional bottom string coming up to Standard B.

What model is your guitar with the Floyd? I have an Ibanez RG Prestige with an Edge Pro 1 I think.

I have an Ibanez RG320FM with Edge Pro 2, tuning is a huge pain in the ass, but I never tune it anyway, it might happen once every few months.

Whoa that's impressive! I had some nasty bridge fucking the other day, had to open the whole thing up and re-tighten the springs. Something to do with the cold weather, it fucked up the entire tuning. I'd had that particular guitar in its case for a few weeks without playing (was playing others!)

btw I never change my Drop A guitars, except for the occasional bottom string coming up to Standard B.

What model is your guitar with the Floyd? I have an Ibanez RG Prestige with an Edge Pro 1 I think.

Its on an LTD KH-202. its a Licensed one too, and it still works perfectly.

As far as I know, I can't mess around with tuning because of the floating tremolo on my guitar. I don't know how to mess around with intonation and that crap so I'm stuck with standard.

A floating tremolo is easily fixed if you just stick a wine cork in the gap between the tremolo and the body on the inside. That is if you don't use your whammy bar.