Woods of Ypres is 4 Years Old.

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
A quick FYI - The band was started for the first time 4 years ago on the last weekend of May, 2002. Brian McManus (WoY's first guitarist/black vocalist) and I went down to the Ohio Death Fest (all Brutal Death Metal and Grind bands) with Craig who runs CDN records (http://www.cdnrecords.com) and that weekend Brian and I discussed the idea of starting a black metal band together. We started immediately when we got back to Windsor, Ontario.

Though various changes of line-ups, cities, addresses, goals and motivations, 4 years later we are still enjoying the thrill of the struggle. :kickass:

By WoY's 5th year anniversary at this time next year, the plan is to have had our new album 'Woods 3' out, to have done some shows/touring to support it, as well as to have had continued success in seeding the world with new WoY shirts. What will happen after 5 years and 3 recordings? Who knows!!!

Thanks to all those who have ever supported the ever evolving entity that is and has been, Woods of Ypres.

Definitely Happy Birthday. I look forward to many more years of music from you guys. And make sure when you do tour, you come to Colorado :D

Birthday bashing!

Er, nah, heh... congrats on getting WoY to where it is today, looking forward to what you guys accomplish in the future! (*cough* Australian tour *cough*)

Happy Birthday Woods! I look foward to the next album. If your touring next year like you hope to be, make sure to come to Montreal!

Oh, I forgot to add to my first post in this thread.

Now that you guys are four years old, it's time to paint your faces and make the obligitory terrible black metal video. Ideally for Crossing the 45th Parrellel. The video would (obviously) contain you guys trying to look all evil while you carry axes across the longitude.

Happy birthday Davie and crew. And yes, you need a tr00 kvlt video, the people demand another Call Of The Wintermoon!

Yay, congrats from Flanders as well!
It's interesting to read the small print about how WoY came about. As for catching you guys live, I've been thinking "if Moses won't come to the mountain, the mountain has to go to Moses." Who knows in due time when you start promoting "Woods 3" with a range of gigs alongside fellow Canadian/Torontian bringers of good noise... :headbang:

I'll make sure to buy some Canadian beer to celebrate this monumental occasion. Hopefully by the 5th year birthday I will have seen you live. Just come anywhere close to Florida and I'll be there.

Renegade46n2 said:
I'll make sure to buy some Canadian beer to celebrate this monumental occasion.
Speaking of Canadian beer, I had a Trois Pistoles the other night. A pretty n-ice dark ale for sure.
It has a good looking label as well and I liked the short explanation on "the legend of the black horse" on the back: "Summoned in a moment of holy despair, the devil, in the form of a big black steed, appeared to help raise a church that was long overdue in the troubled village of Trois-Pistoles."

trois_pistoles_mat.JPG