Wreath powertab

suislidE

Texas Tech!!
Oct 30, 2003
Lubbock, Texas
Some of you may have noticed the new Wreath tab by wanker on the pt website. Good tab nonetheless, but I figured i would criticize. Its a wierd song, so its easy to get wrong notes out of it. First thing is the prechorus 1. Its lacking another guitar part.. wankerness i assume you have the dvd so watch it. There is a part mike plays when he is doing that natural harmonic thing with peter. That is another whole track. The solo is pretty good, even the finger positioning is right. Make sure you watch the clip of peter playing that also if you havent already. There is a hammer-on on measure 36 on the 17th fret before that last run. On verse3, that one note isnt a harmonic. The second solo isnt bad, its one screwed up solo so i wont comment on that. Great job on this tab though.

suislidE said:
Some of you may have noticed the new Wreath tab by wanker on the pt website. Good tab nonetheless, but I figured i would criticize. Its a wierd song, so its easy to get wrong notes out of it. First thing is the prechorus 1. Its lacking another guitar part.. wankerness i assume you have the dvd so watch it. There is a part mike plays when he is doing that natural harmonic thing with peter. That is another whole track. The solo is pretty good, even the finger positioning is right. Make sure you watch the clip of peter playing that also if you havent already. There is a hammer-on on measure 36 on the 17th fret before that last run. On verse3, that one note isnt a harmonic. The second solo isnt bad, its one screwed up solo so i wont comment on that. Great job on this tab though.

Well, I didn't tab the guitar initially, so it still has some touching up to do...some guy I know (user name on there TURTLESOUPAGE) did a really really rough version of the guitar and I tried to fix it (and added some tracks and the first solo-the second solo's done by thediceman). I got lazy and figured I should submit before someone else did it, so it's not really like a FINAL VERSION.
Prechorus 1 I'll check out. I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, though, when you said this: "There is a part mike plays when he is doing that natural harmonic thing with peter. That is another whole track. " Is that on prechorus 1 or what? AND ALSO, are you talking here about the part they show on the dvd where peter uses some really really major effects processing to make the guitar sound like wind? Cause I don't think it's really possible to tab that. :p
Anyway, I was planning on correcting a few things that you didn't mention, like when the intro riff comes back in again that high bend should be a tapped on artificial harmonic (I WATCHED THE DVD! lololol). Thanks for the suggestions, though!

Moonlapse said:
Speaking of tabs, have you managed to make any progress on that Forest bass tab, wankerness?
Yeah, I'm done up till exactly 10 minutes into the song now. I might finish it tomorrow? I've been doing a bunch to the guitar at the same time, so it's kind of tiring work, and since I'm not actually MAKING THE TAB it's harder to get motivated to finish (for some reason I have a hard time being fast on tabbing if I'm CORRECTING instead of doing everything myself!).

Yeah I think I understand. Before you correct, you need to cross-refference the existing tab with the song, seeing how much the original author fucked up, before proceeding to alter things... instead of just starting with a clean slate and doing your own thing.

But anyhow, thanks for the progress update, I'm really looking forward to that one.

Yea, the prechorus 1 lacks another part. Watch the part on the dvd where its mikael playing and peter puts his finger on the strings. its where they mess up and start laughing like mad.

Moonstruck said:
On another note, I made an April Ethereal Guitar Pro tab, which can ofcourse be downloaded @ http://www.mysongbook.com.
Good job at copying mine, you friggin shmuck, you could at least not lie "omg this one took me a lot of time!" You couldn't even copy some parts of it right! :p You should make a note that you didn't actually tab any of it yourself besides the drums. :mad: It's completely obvious that the bass tab is copied liberally, as well as several of the riffs, some of the other ones seem like you might have tabbed them yourself though cause the rhythm sometimes sucks and you don't have changing notes in the chords behind the solo. If you're going to copy, you could at least do a GOOD JOB OF IT and give me and Orchid some credit. There are a few chords in there that are identical to mine, when mine were pretty major guesswork, and also the solo is identical to mine except a note or two you copied wrong, when I couldn't hear the first measure really AT ALL so the same notes would probably not be found by anyone who was actually tabbing it themselves! Wow. I don't think you even listened to some parts of this tab while making it, I think you just copied incorrectly as fast as possible. Seriously, you are incredibly lame.

Well, I really forget credits, actually. And I won't defend that I did. It was just my mistake. However, it wasn't mindless copying, as the tab still took me like 8 hours. Also, like you did, I wanted to submit the first tab before someone else did. It still needs quite some perfection, and while I'm busy this week, I'll post a correction soon, WITH credits, cause it's fucking selfish this way, I admit that. I still have to put my touch on most of the parts, I used your tab as reference, can't decline that, but I really forgot about that, cause I used yours as a basis for this one, and after that I was really busy working on the drums. When I finished that, I was happy ofcourse, and wanted it online as soon as possible. God, I hate myself sometimes, I'm up to some pretty fucked up shit.

So, hereby my sincere apologies, hope you'll accept them.

And about the 'wrong' notes: they're my interpretation, so you should be happy with them. ;P

Moonstruck said:
Well, I really forget credits, actually. And I won't defend that I did. It was just my mistake. However, it wasn't mindless copying, as the tab still took me like 8 hours. Also, like you did, I wanted to submit the first tab before someone else did. It still needs quite some perfection, and while I'm busy this week, I'll post a correction soon, WITH credits, cause it's fucking selfish this way, I admit that. I still have to put my touch on most of the parts, I used your tab as reference, can't decline that, but I really forgot about that, cause I used yours as a basis for this one, and after that I was really busy working on the drums. When I finished that, I was happy ofcourse, and wanted it online as soon as possible. God, I hate myself sometimes, I'm up to some pretty fucked up shit.

So, hereby my sincere apologies, hope you'll accept them.

And about the 'wrong' notes: they're my interpretation, so you should be happy with them. ;P
Yeah, as long as you give me credit it's fine. :p Apology accepted, GG.