WTF is up with my DI's?

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Hey dudes, I recently got a Alesis Guitarlink interface cable, and was pleased with how it sounded when I gave it a quick test. But when I tracked the guitars for my new song I'm working on, I noticed that I was getting hideous noise in the background.

I'm not sure if its my computer or the DI tracks - the song has 6 tracks of rhythm guitar and one track of bass - here are the two main rhythm tracks and the bass track -

http://www.mediafire.com/?j1nmvje4tn2

And here a rough version of the song using TSE X30, sprehigh impulse, DFH and reaEQ is - you can really hear the fucking noise on this version -

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nyd5jmmgol

The noise is worst at around 4.30 into the song, so just skip to there if you want to hear it at its worst.
On the finished version, I will be taking away DFH and using samples from here:kickass:

Now if you hate the song, don't comment on the song! I am still changing parts, adding parts and taking away sections I don't really like on this song, I just really need to find out what is fucking up my shit!

I really don't want to have wasted that whole day of recording! I can't spend weeks tracking my guitars because of my strain injuries:mad:

I would if I could but my dropbox account got ruined again, thats the third time. My computer just won't work right with it. I uploaded everything onto Mediafire though, its better than rapidshare or megaupload.

I've had noise using TSE X30 on my DI tracks, thought it was my tracks at first but I tried overloud th1 on them and the noise was not there. Still, doesn't stop me using TSE with a gate.

I track my guitars with a CRT monitor in the room but I am acroww the room turned away and facing the wall, I recently got the Waves Z-Noise bundle and that has really helped destroy the noise!

Agreed, CRT monitors suck ass for this stuff. Get a cheap LCD screen and be done with it rather than spending the money (if you did) on waves plugins to kill the noise when you can just kill the source of the noise IRL instead. Assuming it indeed is the CRT monitor though... but it's worth trying with just turning it off and recording something.

I have tried recording with the monitor unplugged and turned off before and the noise still comes, I will test the cable out with a computer with a LCD monitor soon, that might solve the problem.