Wtf is that?

slayer666metalica

Kvlt M3t4l 4 Lyfe
Nov 20, 2009

Alright--listen to 3:23 in this song;;

i know that the effect on the guitars is just simple panning, but i can't make out the kick and everything else.

It sounds almost like there's a lower resonance being added on to the kick drum for each hit (like a sub kick or something), but along with that i would love to know what that elongated almost drone-like sound is that seems to play every two measures or so. Lol hopefully you can pick out what i'm talking about in the song...

i feel like i've heard in flames use something close to that before too in their songs, like "Clayman" around 1:48 or 1:50, it's a synth sort of sound.

Anybody know how that sound is achieved?

For me, it's very mesmerizing, and i'd love to incorporate something of the same quality sometime into my own music... i'm more interested in the overall composition of the lamb of god mix more though ;)

any comments/ideas i would love to hear!

Last edited by a moderator:
- they dropped the bass guitar
- there is a distorted technokick added underneath the normal kick
- the guitars are cut so that only one track is playing at a time and they are panned hard left and hard right
- a synth bass with slow attack and some volume- and modulation/pitchwheel-automation
- the lead guitar (playing the dissonance sounding notes) is panned with an autopanner with a really slow lfo

- they dropped the bass guitar
- there is a distorted technokick added underneath the normal kick
- the guitars are cut so that only one track is playing at a time and they are panned hard left and hard right
- a synth bass with slow attack and some volume- and modulation/pitchwheel-automation
- the lead guitar (playing the dissonance sounding notes) is panned with an autopanner with a really slow lfo

hey man! thanks, this hit the nail on the head. badass. i've always thought that part of the song was so badass, haha.