Wuthering Heights - To Travel Forevermore

ranma187

Lo Pan!
Oct 6, 2005
the second album in the Evermore, or wanderer trilogy Is definately a step up from the debut "Within. It is also produced by Tommy Hansen (helloween) so its a better mix. At least the band on this album sounds more like a metal band from a modern day middle earth.

The drums pound harder. the guitar riffs are more in your face. Not to mention even more amazing folk riffing. The Neversining stones is a powerful and melodic song. and instead of breaking out into a blistering guitar solo there's and enchanting celtic influenced one that makes anyone with a hint of Irish blood grab a beer and start dancing. Dancer in the light has some blazing solo orgy in the very beginning, and then goes off into some unique and more enchanting themes. The instrumental: Battle of the seasons is a fascinating mix of bach tapping and gypsy melodies (who would of known such diverse influences could mix so well?). A sinners confession Is also a great track. See tomorrow shine is your typical hair-powermetal song but with a completely unique feel, also has a very enlightening tapping solo.

Krille does an amazing job on vocals once again. And also the album introdeces 2 new members: Morten: an amazing drummer and a legolas look alike. and Henrik flyman (Zool, Evil Masquerade) who has some strange but very cool leads and an insane vibrato (his vibrato is more apparent on FFTMC). together Flyman and Erik make a wonderful guitar duo.

altogether this is a must own for any WH fan. It may not be as powerfull as FFTMC. but it is definately a kickass album that will macke you headbang, dance, and transport you to lands never before seen.

overal: 9/10

yes, it sure is. FFTMC is the latest album. there is a new album coming out but it will take a while.

AsModEe said:
FFTMC was good... but who the fuck had the dumb idea to repeat the same chorus on 3 songs?!

It's a song Trilogy. It's written that way on Purpose. And considering how they are written it's not bad at all.

I think it's cool how they recycled that one melody on various songs, each just slightly different than the others. Longing for the Woods (all three parts) are my fave songs on the album! Except maybe for Land of Olden Glory. Oh, and The Road Goes Ever On. Oh, hell, the whole thing just kicks ass, an album of near perfection.

yes it's a good album. I think I'll listen to it now lol.

Edit: and I'm longiinnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg for the woods

AsModEe said:
yes it's a good album. I think I'll listen to it now lol.

Edit: and I'm longiinnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg for the woods

WHHOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Longin' for the woods.... *jams*:headbang:

AsModEe said:
I know it's on purpose, but it gets repetitive as hell.

Repadative isn't bad if it's used properly. The macarena is horribly repedative but not longing for the woods.