Wyvern demystified

4speedmetal

Dec 28, 2008
Northern Rocks
Hey Wyvern, I was watching a tv show called "cash cab" and they asked what a wyvern is. Answer, a dragon. I was like, "hey, I know that guy" Then I looked it up in the dictionary. It's the last entry under W. "a two-legged dragon with wings and a barbed tail"

That's really freakin cool! :cool:

I guess the D&D guys would know that. But I'm more of a R&R guy.

You obvoiusly don't have the newer version of the dictionary. I show a wyvern as "Hairless South American known to be found in positions of power. Often compared to a shaman in regards to musical knowledge."

a) it's not hairless, it's just bald
b) is Central American, no South American (although technically I'm also SA since I born in Argentina)
c) I appreciate a LOT that you compared me with s shaman :oops:. Hawk, you and many others here are much more knowledgeable ;)

As for the Wyvern definition, well I picked it up because it's related to dragons (I love dragon mythology). The wyvern (alteration of Middle English wyvere viper, from Anglo-French wivre, guivre, from Latin vipera) is a two-legged winged serpent with a supposedly venomous breath (as far as I recall, but I sware I will use toothpaste at PPX :p)
You can check a bit here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyvern

wyvern.gif

Also is a model of a post-WWII RAF fighter, the Westland Wyvern:
westland_wyvern.jpg

The word "Wyvern" is even mentioned in one of my favorite Megadeth songs, Five Magics from the Rust in Peace album.

Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin
Parade the grey robed monks
The vestal virgins, wheel the wyvern's in

Theres some neat trivia, cool name and lizard types arent supposed to have hair anyhow........ :heh:

Sweet plane, the post war planes that never really lasted due to jets were very formidable looking.

Me, Im into Ospreys

ospreypiciv.jpg