X50 v2.0

wow, it sounds like there's a lot of HM-2 love here! ;) Just to calm you guys I can mention we have a HM-2 prototype running already, when it's confirmed to be accurate by our HM-2 owners we will have a GUI created for it and we even might dare to introduce it to the public :)
That said, v2.4.6 will be a critical "hot fix" released soon to take care of stuff that we unfortunately missed in beta testing!
...the "bee-simulator" is coming after that :)
Thanks for the update, really looking forward to trying out the "bee-simulator", even though I already ordered an Behringer HM-2 clone from Thomann I still think that will be really useful for many people, me included :).

Reactions: onqel
I can remember it like it was yesterday.... waiting in anticipation for the release of X50 v2.0. Finally, one of my favorite ampsims would be released in a suite incorporating some of the basic things required in every guitar fx chain. Reducing the need to have individual plugins for cabinet emulation and other basic functions that consumed multiple inserts in my DAW. Tasks such as HP/LP filters could now be handled by a single plugin. Awesome! As an added bonus, one of my favorite and indispensable stomp pedals...the almost legendary TS808 was to be included as well. If that were not enough this thing included a gate and delay too! Raping the reload button repeatedly to refresh this thread I was certain firefox would crash. And then it happened....

2_zpscanhipuh.jpg

X50 was finally released!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: onqel
Now, two years after it's initial release we are receiving yet another free update for existing users.

X50 has certainly matured in this time. It now includes the much used X30 preamp in addition to X50. If memory serves me correctly, this was released on X30's anniversary. As a part of it's evolution the GUI has been completely reworked. We have also seen revisions and added functionality to the IR loader. Modeling, stability, compatibility have all improved in this time as well. Honestly, there has been so much that has changed, it is hard to keep track of it all.

Capture_zpsqi1tcmbu.png

This most recent version, expands upon the included "modules" and improves upon all of the things listed above. Hard to believe all of this has been made available as free updates to existing users. I know I got my money's worth.

I'm really pleased with this new version and totally dig the stuff that has been added. If you haven't checked it out, I think you deserve it to yourself to do so. The Demo is fully functional and is only crippled by periods of silence. Which by the way is a much better approach than I have experienced with other software... less annoying too.

So anyway, I just wanted to share some of my thoughts and I look forward to continued development.

I would love for TSE Audio to add another ampsim to the suite such as a Dual/Triple Rectifier :)

I have to say for TSE to move into making plugins commercially as a new company, they have proven to handle things very well. Fair prices, regular updates/supporting formats and adding new features for free.

I'd love to see them tackle a Marshall style amp, as well as a Dual Rec. It would be great if the preset browser was an online/collaborative feature too.

Reactions: [Prime]
I have to say for TSE to move into making plugins commercially as a new company, they have proven to handle things very well. Fair prices, regular updates/supporting formats and adding new features for free.

I'd love to see them tackle a Marshall style amp, as well as a Dual Rec. It would be great if the preset browser was an online/collaborative feature too.

This exists to some extent.

Presets_zpsbtjiejo7.png

Feel free to upload/download presets here...

http://tsecollective.boards.net/board/1/tse-x50-presets

This exists to some extent.

Presets_zpsbtjiejo7.png

Feel free to upload/download presets here...

http://tsecollective.boards.net/board/1/tse-x50-presets

Yeah, I just meant a way of it interfacing directly within the plugin. I haven't actually used X50 (or any other plugin amp sim) since getting a kemper but it is the first plugin I recommend to people recording guitars directly and TSE are doing a lot of things right.

Reactions: [Prime]
Yeah, I just meant a way of it interfacing directly within the plugin. I haven't actually used X50 (or any other plugin amp sim) since getting a kemper but it is the first plugin I recommend to people recording guitars directly and TSE are doing a lot of things right.

I believe there has been discussion as it relates to this... though any details are probably best left for Onqel to address. Generally I like the idea.

Have you had the opportunity to check out the new version? It sounds even better than before. IMO.

Just curious what you think.

v2.4.6 will be a critical "hot fix" released soon to take care of stuff that we unfortunately missed in beta testing!

Could you elaborate some more? Is it the reverb tail thing ViTAR mentioned?
Any ETA on the update?

Could you elaborate some more? Is it the reverb tail thing ViTAR mentioned?
Any ETA on the update?

There has already been one fix that addresses an issue that some OSX users have experienced regarding permissions.

https://www.facebook.com/TSEAUDIO/posts/937133709747950

There is as a separate issue regarding auto oversampling.

http://forum.theserinaexperiment.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9396&sid=39457763d61f7842bb75cc0af8beb3fd

A fix has yet to be released (to my knowledge) and will most likely be addressed in the above mentioned critical "hot fix". That said, this does not effect all users.

I have to say X50 holds up very well against my 5150 profiles on the kemper. I will say that I'm able to coax a better tone by engineering a sound with a mic/cab of my choice and capturing it with a kemper than trying to stumble on the right impulse.

X50 is without doubt top of the plugin pile.

Here are some Soundcloud Samples of the new Sinmix IRs to appear in the X50 Suite....