X50 v2.0

Anybody turned off the IR loader and tried it with Recabinet yet? I can't seem to get any sound.

I've disabled the ir loader and used Recabinet with no problem. Was working during beta to. I just tried it again to verify and it's still works. I'm using latest version of Reaper X64 on win8.1 64 bit system.

~scott

I did a comparison between the both
Well its just warm nothing special to be honest :|
its not something "WOW THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER"

The amp modeling sounds better to my ears.

Certainly less harsh/fizzy....not saying that v1 was bad. Hard to improve upon something that was already stellar and arguably the best modeling of this amp available.

CPU Usage has decreased.

The inclusion of TSE808, FX Rack with tuner, Built-in Gate and Impulse Loader in a single plug-in creates a better workflow for most.

Learn function for signal input.

Cool GUI which consumes less overall space.... somewhat subjective but is my overall impression.

The ability to automatically increase oversampling during offline rendering while mixing at a lower sampling rates.

Increased maximum oversampling available.

Amp Biasing.

OSX 64bit compatibility.

Modular design which will allow for future expansion.

Includes library of quality impulses.

While some of that existed in the B3... the plugin has matured since that time.

Not only do you get all of that, but you have the opportunity to giveback to a guy that has done great things over the years for this community free of charge.

Support seems to be really good at this point as well. It is encouraging to see the quick responses to any issues.

More could be said about this great plugin, but those are the highlights for me. I look forward to the certain future expansion, improvements and success of this product

Good Work Team TSE Audio!!!

to me this new ampsim is really great,and it was not easy to improve something that was already great-as others said.I love the new impulses and the bias feature.Finally I can achieve a good sound without going crazy and this for me is the most important thing.
Still on demo mode due internet banking codes issue (so i can't even recharge my paypal account :cry:) but surely I'll bought this new product as soon as possible...

All impulse loaders work for me....Kefir, Lecab, Ignite NadIR, Recab.

W7 64bit, Reaper 32bit, TSE V2 32bit, Full Version

Though I did make a discovery regarding the LP static/crackling. It only does it with the included IR loader. If I use an external IR loader like Kefir, Lecab, etc. there is no crackling....at least for me.

Perhaps that info will be useful in troubleshooting this issue?

So there is a work around if you want to use the Aqualazer.

Edit: Was playing around with the Aqualazer using an external IR Loader and it works great. Love the different slopes on the LP as well. Makes for super easy guitar EQ'ing. The list of plugs in my Guitar FX chain keeps shrinking. Finally no more screwing around for hours getting good guitar tones. This is going to make my life much easier.

I'm sorry, maybe I missed this bit. Can the impulses that are included in the demo be opened in other IR loader? I think I've read something about additional information written into the Wave file header or something. But the point is that I was trying to compare V1 and V2 with the same impulse and tried to load the included ones with Recabinet x64. But Recab instantly crashes when trying to load any of these impulses. I guess that shouldn't happen regardless of the IR compatibility.

nevermind :) found a solution: i set aqualaser hishelf starting point to 2k. And let the daw load that as default. Now knobs work as expected.

@Onqel: if the hishelf is set to 0 db will the band be processed or not?

I'm sorry, maybe I missed this bit. Can the impulses that are included in the demo be opened in other IR loader? I think I've read something about additional information written into the Wave file header or something. But the point is that I was trying to compare V1 and V2 with the same impulse and tried to load the included ones with Recabinet x64. But Recab instantly crashes when trying to load any of these impulses. I guess that shouldn't happen regardless of the IR compatibility.

Most of them are encoded in a custom format and won't load in an external loader.

Most of them are encoded in a custom format and won't load in an external loader. Recab crashing is Recab's fault for not checking wave header information :p

Thanks for that. :rolleyes:

I've been really busy lately, and I was going to congratulate you on your launch, but I feel like saying this instead...

Posting assumptions about another company's product on a public forum is always a great way to make friends. This is a huge industry, and no one knows each other. </sarcasm>

On the contrary, Recabinet does check WAV header information and will not attempt to load anything that appears invalid. If an edge case has been found where a crash can be reproduced, that's a bug, and it will be investigated ASAP - but it's not due to some kind of careless assumption that any random WAV file is fair game to be loaded on the audio thread.

Thanks for that. :rolleyes:

I've been really busy lately, and I was going to congratulate you on your launch, but I feel like saying this instead...

Posting assumptions about another company's product on a public forum is always a great way to make friends. This is a huge industry, and no one knows each other. </sarcasm>

On the contrary, Recabinet does check WAV header information and will not attempt to load anything that appears invalid. If an edge case has been found where a crash can be reproduced, that's a bug, and it will be investigated ASAP - but it's not due to some kind of careless assumption that any random WAV file is fair game to be loaded on the audio thread.

I'm sorry about that, I didn't think twice before I posted..

I'm sorry about that, I didn't think twice before I posted..

Apology accepted. All good. I've made some pretty stupid posts in the past as well, especially when I first started out. I think at some point or another we've all done this.

Your plugin sounds great and I wish you the best! :kickass:

Apology accepted. All good. I've made some pretty stupid posts in the past as well, especially when I first started out. I think at some point or another we've all done this.

Your plugin sounds great and I wish you the best! :kickass:

I was running Recabinet 3.5 by accident. I think there were some minor issues after one of the recent updates and I was waiting to download the new version once they were resolved, but I guess I forgot. It works fine with 3.6.3. Sorry for the confusion!

Regarding the LP noise...

On win7 I have noise with Reaper/TSEX50 32 and 64 bit. No combination works without noise.

Using an external IR Loader with the combinations above I have NO LP noise, it's only when I use the X50 IR Loader I get noise.

When using Windows XP on the same exact computer and hardware I have no issue with the LP. Everything is 32 bit in XP.

This computer is dual boot XP/Win7.

I am posting from that OS right now and using the LP without any problems.

I've narrowed it down even further.

Win7 Reaper 32bit Full Version TSEX50 V2 LP works properly WITHOUT NOISE when using drivers other than AISO. (Direct Sound, Wave Out, etc.)

My interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I think I'm going to see if my Line 6 UX2 has noise using it's AISO driver with the same configuration.

Tada.....

No LP noise using Win7 Reaper 32bit Full Version TSEX50 V2 LP with Line 6 UX2 Aiso Drivers.

So same exact configuration I just switched my interface from the Scarlett 2i2 to a Line 6 UX2.

Makes me think the people having this problem all have Focusrite interfaces.

Hope you guys don't mind me cluttering up the thread with all my test results.

Edit: I updated my focusrite scarlett drivers from 2.3 to 2.5.... still no joy. So then I increased the buffer to 10ms and the noise is gone. I don't have any problems running anything else at the lower settings. And the only thing affected by running a lower setting is the LP in Aqualazer.

Edit2: I changed my samplerate from 44.1 to 48khz and I can run the focusrite ASIO driver as low as my system can handle (4ms reliably) 2ms only works for a period of time and then falls to pieces. But that is normal and not connected to the issue I am having with the LP in X50. Earlier I tried various bit depths and that had no affect on the LP noise. As I said before, the X50 LP is the only thing affected by my previous settings which I have been using for years with many different plugins.

Edit3: So the solution for me, thus far, is to run the scarlett interface at greater than 10ms buffer @ 44.1khz or switch to 44.8khz were I can run my buffer at 4ms as I would normally. Or use the line 6 UX2. A few things worth noting...I can run the UX2 at 128mb (it's lowest setting) without the LP noise. The settings for the ASIO driver on the 2i2 are measured in "ms" not "mb". But I can see that a buffer value of 4ms = 177mb in the reaper driver info. So it seems it is not an issue with computer resources as it relates to the scarlett and I have never had this problem with anything else.

Edit4: I figured I'd try something else while I was at it and felt fairly certainly it would be problem free as well. I installed AISO4ALL and used it with the scarlett interface and have no LP noise at any buffer size or sample rate as well.