X50 v2.0

love the sound of this plugin, great work all round.

i have one request though: on the tuner is it possible to hear the distorted note as I tune? a lot of the time I'm tuning specifically for weird chords so they ring out nicely and a lot of the time its easier to do that with distortion on.....

forgive me if thats already possible, I've only just started using the plugin.

Bought this yesterday, it sounds amazing and fits much easier than the other amp sims.

I seem to be having issues with the tuner. It worked really well for a little while but now it only shows D# and F with no relation to the note played. Stays the same if I tighten or loosen the strings. Is it user error on my part?

Thanks Slipdisc, super fast response. I'll do a little work on it when I get home tonight and find out if it's where I've copied the plugin or opened a preset then let you guys know.

I'm having trouble getting the demo of x50 to come up at all atm.
I'm using os 10.6.8 on my studio computer. I know the installation notes say 10.7 and higher, but does it really not work at all on 10.6?

I'm having trouble getting the demo of x50 to come up at all atm.
I'm using os 10.6.8 on my studio computer. I know the installation notes say 10.7 and higher, but does it really not work at all on 10.6?

No it shouldn't work on 10.6.8.. it doesn't support the new C++11 standard

Onqel, I am having trouble running this on my commodore 64...please help!!!

C64_startup_animiert.gif

As you can see, I have plenty of ram so I don't understand what the problem could be?

[Prime];10800401 said:
Onqel, I am having trouble running this on my commodore 64...please help!!!

C64_startup_animiert.gif

As you can see, I have plenty of ram so I don't understand what the problem could be?

Have you tried rebooting ? :lol:

I am so stupid!!! I forgot to put the tape into my tape drive.

tapecomposer.jpg

Thanks for your help!!!

On a more serious note I replaced V1 with V2 on mix from here....

I was able to eliminate 11 plugins from my fx signal chains and could extend that 19 plugins without altering the end result.

This is the same setup I was having the LP issue with.... obviously I have found a work around for the time being. I am using the LP in this mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, VCC crashes in 64 bit mode on Cubase with OS X. Shit out of luck until that's updated as I need that more than x50... Slate fucks me again. :lol:

Would love the tuner change that Machinated requested, though!!

Thanks man! I really appreciate that. Though I have a solution....it just requires me to run at a different hardware or sample rate or buffer or driver than I'd like.

Only having a problem on Win7 32&64bit Reaper with Scarlett Focusrite Drivers @ 44.1khz and any buffer below 10ms. Unfortunately, those are the main settings and gear that I normally use.

Anyway, Thanks again!

[Prime];10800922 said:
Onqel, is there any progress being made with the LP issue?

The issue doesn't happen at my end, so I might need someone to confirm that my fix actually works before releasing it. Would you by any chance be interested in testing a pre-release?