Xentrix

Satan went on to form Pariah whose second album 'Blaze of Obscurity' is probably one of my favourite thrash albums ever. Hunt that shit down.

Indeed - apparently that's what ended their career, because it was pretty much the only thing people wanted to hear. No idea if that's true or not, if so then I kinda feel sorry for 'em.

Yeah I got that too, but I didn't know that was them!

Satan's two albums are just killer. That's all. I think if they had come just 3 years earlier they would have made it huge, but whatever, I love 'em.

Indeed - apparently that's what ended their career, because it was pretty much the only thing people wanted to hear. No idea if that's true or not, if so then I kinda feel sorry for 'em.

I saw them when they supported Sabbat after they (Xentrix) released "Shattered Existence" - then they did GB...that got heavy rotation on 'Raw Power' (old metal show, on at about 2am on a Friday night back in the early 90s) and HeadBangers Ball....then they supported Testament after they released "For whose advantage" and the crowd just wanted them to play GB. You could see the guys on stage thinking "aw, not again"

They did the cover for a laugh, but it just turned into a pain in the arse for them.

Also discovered I have both Deathwish albums on my hard drive... listening to Demon Preacher now... you're right, it's good!

I like Xentrix because although there was clearly a bit of Metallica worship they did find their own sound. Like there's a certain kind of harmony on a riff that just says 'Slayer', there's also one that says 'Xentrix' to me. And 'For Whose Advantage' is a really coherent album, though the songs on the first half of 'Shattered Existence' are catchier...

I like Xentrix. I once discovered it myself and was surprised. I like Shattered Existence a lot. It sounds a bit like Testament at times, but that doesnt stop it from being good. For whose Advantage is great too, I find myself putting that CD into my computer more often than I think. All in all, not the Best there is out there but still they have some good songwriting.

A while ago I read on Blabbermouth that some of the ex-Xentrix members formed a new band, Hellfighter. I checked out the MySpace page and listened to the demo songs they have...well, some cool riffs and solos, but the songs as a whole just don't have much punch IMO. Haven't listened to Xentrix in a while, but I think they watered down the thrash for this new band. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.myspace.com/hellfightermetal