XLN AUDIO ADDICTIVE DRUMS vst (nice)

XLN Audio

im seriously liking the look of this vst, can't find the price of the damn thing
or where to buy it but the demos sound nice (high five) :p

noticed the kit has also been used for the demos in revalver mk2

Thanks for the Link!!!
Check out the Demo!

About the Demo Version

Functionality
The Demo version of Addictive Drums is a fully functional software!
You can load and save presets, get a taste of the Beats and Fills (Midi Library) and tweak away on the built in insert effects and reverbs etc. It includes some tasty presets that give you a good idea of what AD is capable off.

It is not time limited. Use it as much as you want whenever you want.

Limitations:
Only 1 Kick, 1 snare, 1 Hihat and 1 Crash is provided.
The real version ships with lots of different drums, cowbells and cymbals.
A very limited "taste" of the rhythms in the AD Midi Library is provided.
The real version has over 3000 Midi files.

Oh, quick gander in the forum:

XLN Audio ~ View topic - Where to buy and what's the cost?

Hello!

> You seem to have developed a really nice virtual drummer here!

Thanks! Smile

> If it sound half as good as it look you have a winner on your hands.

Im sure you wont be dissapointed. You can get a sneak preview by listening to the audio examples in the "home" page of our webite.
(the flash thing at the top).
A demo will be available soon too!

> 1) Is it possible to add and remove drums from the kit or is it a "standard kit only" setup?

You can "make" your own drumkit from the provided drums and cymbals. You can combine anything with anything. Its up to you if you like.

> 2) Is it a loop based virtual instrument or can it be used similar to dfh Superior and BFD with manual programming and be played with Roland V-Drums for example?

Addictive Drums is based completely on "one-shot" samples. No audio-loops what so ever (however we have included LOTS of midi beats and fills that sound like the real thing).
Every Drum and cymbal has been sampled with very dense velocity layering, alternating samples and multiple mics.

You can play it using any miditriggering device including Roland V-Drums.
However: you have to remap the triggering device itself, not AD. In version 1.0 there is no support for remapping inside AD.

> 3) When and where will I be able to buy Addictive Drums?

If you live in Sweden, Denmark, Norway or Finland Addictive Drums is distributed by EM Nordic and will be sold in stores. If you live anywhere else our online store will open soon selling Addictive Drums online and shipping it to you.

4) How much will it cost (in Sweden)?

The Retail Price in Sweden will be approx 2150 kr.

5) Can it be used on both Mac (universal binary) and PC?

Most definitely

6) Is it a VST and/or AU plugin?

It is VST, AU and RTAS

We are going to update our website very heavily over the coming days so you will get more and more information soon Smile

Talk Later,
Niklas
XLN Audio

So it'll be £160

Am I the only one that thinks they sound like poo? EZdrummer sounds a thousand times better and seems more functional.

It's extortionatly priced!

I don't like EZdrummer's snares but love the rest of it..

This sucks but i love the snares...

Gonna just stick to superior, hahaha

nah these clips sound alot better than ezdrummer ill definetly be buying a copy. seems like the kits can be messed around with, id like to see what kinda of results i get after a mess around. presets sound bad ass to me anyways.

If you guys use XLN (or easy drummer or DFH) to program the drums, you can use our sounds along with Drumagog to get more variety. Some demos:

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate18.mp3

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate9.mp3

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate14.mp3

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate7.mp3

The idea behind our hits is that everything is preprocessed with top vintage and modern gear, so you don't have to really do any tweaking, the sounds are pretty much done and have been tested in dense rock and metal mixes. If anyone is digging the sounds and wants to find out about the groupbuy discounts, email me at support@stevenslatedrums.com