Xotic RC booster, anyone tried it?

Jaekae

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2009
Gothenburg, Sweden
So have anyone tried this xotic pedal infront of an amp as a boost a la tubescreamer? Its supposed to be 100% transparent, and also be 100% true bypass, which my bad monkey pedal isnt

Think it will work good for getting a better recorded guitar tone? Getting a very good deal of one now if i want:headbang:

ah oki, thanks for the replies , but since ipretty happy with the tightness of my amp, im gonna try it out, and if i dont like it i just resell it or trade it for something else , maby do some comparison clips if anyone is interested

If it sounds good and works well for you, then of course that's the most important thing, but IMO, while some on the boogie board may disagree, I believe that with a modern high gain amp there is very little benefit in simply hitting the amp with a hotter signal from a pedal, rather than just turning up the amp gain; certainly not much "bass tightening", which comes from Tube Screamer-type pedals (AND the SD-1 ;)) because they thin some of the excessive lows from the input signal, so you can get them from the amp eq (but they'll be much tighter and more controlled :headbang: )

Well I don't because I'm very much of a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kinda guy, but also, while I'm sure you could get a very similar sound with an eq pedal, but a) I know of none as cheap as a TS7, and b) the whole TS-effect probably isn't quite as simple as the way I'm describing it (my n00b ass makes no claims of really "getting it" :D)

now.......why dont we just use eq pedals instead of tubescreamers.......

?

My [limited] understanding is that a Tubescreamer acts like high pass filter, rolling off everything below a certain frequency instead of just notching out narrow bands the way a graphic EQ pedal would. S'why I suggested a pre-preamp adjustable HPF in that Dream Metal Amp thread. :)

now ive got it, dont like it, just added noise and almost no other difference in tone, gonna resell it for a bit more than i got it for :p