Yamaha Sub Kick

Mar 11, 2005
England
I borrowed a sub kick over the weekend to do some demoing for a friends band. I set it up about an inch from the kick and even with the gain all the way down and the pad in it was clipping. Is there something I should know about these? Some sort of an in line attenuator I should have bought?

They should already be loaded to the brim with resistors. You have to keep in mind that since its a speaker, its generating a lot more current than your average mic pre is designed to handle. Yamaha should've put some resistors in the chain to compensate for this and bring it down to average mic level.

I used one not long ago with a yamaha digital desk and didn't have the clipping issues.

They should already be loaded to the brim with resistors. You have to keep in mind that since its a speaker, its generating a lot more current than your average mic pre is designed to handle. Yamaha should've put some resistors in the chain to compensate for this and bring it down to average mic level.

I used one not long ago with a yamaha digital desk and didn't have the clipping issues.

This was straight out of the box and was off the scale

you should try it with a peavey sheffield speaker, I have 8 here you can have (back)

You can bring em back any time you like and Ill swap em for one of those bandits you usually use.

I have one and have run it through several pres (API, Neve, Avalon) and have never had a clipping issue. I didn't need much gain though.

I had the gain at zero with the pad in and the sub kik about an inch from the kik. I must just have an insanely powerful drummer then maybe