Ye Olden Radio Crappe rummage

grimace

New Metal Member
Apr 22, 2006
So I'm stuck at the radio station I work at board operating an NFL game until midnight. Which means I have a lot of time to dig through the "nether region" of the garage and dig up zonky old hardware. Anyone ever hear of any of this stuff?

-ATM25 audio technica kick drum mic. Ok so this isn't so old, but I have no idea why the radio station has something like this - no one has played live music here in at least 15 years. By the same token, I found an MD421 just laying around at the bottom of a box of junk. Works fine too...

-Symmetrix 528 Vocal processor. This thing looks at least 10 years old, but there's no manufacturing date on it...

-Otari MX505 BII2 - This thing has been rack mounted in a secondary studio but nobody has touched it in the last 20 years.

-Electro Voice 635 broadcast microphone - This looks like it was used by Orson Welles...

-McMartin Compressor - Just says "Compressor" on the front. I heard it was one of the worst compressors ever manufactured.

---Just trying to kill some time. BTW the Chiefs are up by 11 last I paid attention...

WFRO and WOHF in fremont ohio. the FRO is a gross adult contemporary station that plays air supply on the eights, and the other is a "classic rock with a non-threatening edge." I hate both formats with a passion, but the work is fun...

I love the chiefs! For some reason theres a contract for the company to play every Westwood 1 NFL broadcast - including the ones on Christmas...guess who's stuck on that one lol

The 421 keeps tempting me to slip it away and give it a good home....nobody seems to know just how sweet they are...

Yea I definitely don't work because of the content. I can only take so much of the "FRIDAY NIGHT PINK FLOYD FIX OF THE TWO MOST PLAYED SONGS OFF OF THE WALL PLAYED BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK...." Most of my work revolves around local sports games and board opping those...

EDIT: btw I'm at work again and Eddie Money is rocking something fierce right now...

I love the chiefs!

YOUZA! We're kinda holding on to playoff hopes right now. The Jets have to lose their game Christmas night, and their remaining game. The The Bengals must lose their remaining game. The Titans need to lose, and of course the Chiefs need to beat the Jaguars next week.:loco: And the planets must align with Uranus to form a magical arrowhead.:lol: Right on Grimace, GO CHIEFS!
And:erk: Go Sesame Street!:lol: