Yes or no to this guitar deal...?

SilverBlade

The Fool next door
Feb 14, 2002
Hong Kong
www.silver-blade.tk
I have been offered a deal. If I pay around $200 US, I will get a seven string guitar (which I always wanted). The brand is AXL which nobody here seems to be familiar with. The body has not been coloured, so that it can be custom decorated and such. Oh, and it has only been played once and the musician decided that he did not like it.

So, what do you think?

I paid $212 for my Jackson 7 string new (but blem). Seven strings are pretty cheap now, and from what I've seen, you can pretty much get any major brand for around $200 on ebay. Whether or not they are any better than an AXL, I don't know. So that probably didn't help.....

The majority of these AXL guitars are economy guitars. I didn't see any 7 strings on the web, but a brand new strat knockoff goes for $169. If you just want to see if you want to play a 7 string it might not be bad, but don't expect anything special out of it.

the coolest thing is that epiphone do practically all their guitars in a seven string version - you could get a 7string les paul or V if you wanted! Check them out if you are looking for 7strings but they might be a bit over budget, as may the Yamaha Drop7 7 String Orgy person signature. Good luck.