Yesterday show in Toulouse (FR)

The_Beast

New Metal Member
Nov 14, 2008
Toulouse, France
Hello,

I was at Firewind show yesterday night at Havana, Toulouse (FR).
I wanted to say that I was really disappointed by the crap sound they had during this concert. It took me 3 or 4 songs to hear the first guitar and I only heard Apollo's voice when the band came back on stage for the last 2 songs. :err: All the rest was Mark's drums. :( I'm not interested in drums solo, I have Terrana's DVD, i can watch it at home.

It seems the band encountered technical problems at the begining of the show, they even apologized for that but I don't understand why :
-the bands of the first part had an excellent sound
-it took 1h15 to the sound technician to solve the problem. :guh: Is it so complicated to decrease the drums sound and/or increase Apollo's microphone?

That was the second time I saw Firewind. First time, last year, in 1st part of Angra was great; yesterday was one of my worst concert of 2008. :( I haven't heard such a bad sound in Havana since Kragens in nov 2007, but Kragens was only a first part, not Firewind.
Even if the band is nice and dynamic on stage, it can't erase the bad sound problem.
Hope the band will come back cause they'll have a revenge to take in Toulouse.

A disappointed fan.

Sorry to hear you're so dissepointed.
The gigs i went to were soundwise ok.
Had to change some coz it were the 1st but was rather ok.
Didnt hear a thing about bad sound.
Realy think there was something wrong with soundgear then.

OK. It seems it was really bad luck for us tonight.:erk:

Anyway, here are some photos of the show. :)

p1060127vr0.jpg

p1060128rz9.jpg

p1060129xb6.jpg

p1060133yk3.jpg

p1060134pl0.jpg

p1060138qi8.jpg

p1060141sw5.jpg

I was there too and I found that the sound was good, maybe because I was just in front of the stage. But when I listen the videos I took it's true that Apollo's voice isn't very loud.

When I arrived at 6.20 I came inside the havana, it wasn't the real entrance, the other one opened only at 7.30, I saw some of the 1st bands rehearsing ^^

I've stayed in the havana until 2.15 with a friend and Bob, drinking whisky at the disco party which was after the show, it was really fun :D

I'm uploading videos on youtube, here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/draculasuperstar

Here's my myspace with the photos I took :
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=24607547&albumId=2423846