Yngwie Concert from Dallas TX

VoltronLions

Sep 10, 2002
nj usa
www.ebay.com
I'm posting this review for the guitar players and general hard rock music fans

Yngwie Malmsteen Concert Review in Dallas TX

I also posted the following review on MetalSludge.com

I was at the Dallas show and it was amazing! The best I’ve seen Yngwie in years!! Doogie White is his singer he also did a Rainbow album in the mid 1990's with Blackmore. The Granada theater is a great place to see concert and Yngwie pulled out all the stops it was a arena like show on a smaller scale, I mean smoke bombs, fog machines, excellent lighting and sound. The band played tight and let me say one thing, Yngwie Rhythm and Riffs are highly underrated the way he plays chords is pretty damn unique. He doesn’t palm mute like your typical metal player ala Dave mustane but still sounds heavy and bombastic. The set list was a mix of old and new, opening with as follows

Rising Force
Demon Driver personal highlight Yngwie played a bit carefree song almost sounded like it would fall apart but never did
Locked and Loaded Killer new track
Cracking the Whip Great Riffs
Far Beyond the Sun Crowd Favorite
Star Spangled Banner
Dreaming Rare Track from Odyssey album
Masquerade Strange song to play just odd
Bedroom Eyes Great groove
Winds of War Great song who says Yngwie can’t write!
Exile good but weak compared to Winds of Wars and Locked and Loaded
Trilogy Ste Opus/Krakatau/Red House
You Don’t Remember/Demon's Eye Back to You Don’t Remember
Encores
Black Star
Ill see the light tonight
Both brought the house down!

In closing I was shocked to see many young teenage fans at this show. Many young budding guitar players, Glad to see many getting a good musical education that night. All in all great show and I highly recommend seeing this show, Even my wife enjoyed it and she doesn’t like hard rock.

The Ultimate Guide to
Hulk Hogan Memorabilia and Collectibles
Coming Soon!!!

Saw him a few weeks ago in Albuquerque and I must say that while the show was great Doogie White sounded drownded out and Yngwie threw his guitar up in the hair and missed it and it hit him in the head. It about knocked him out. Got up and got a new guitar. Still a great show and a hell of a performance.

I'm a huge YM fan, but when I saw him during the G3 I came completely dissapointed.

I hope he was better with Doogie and the new line-up. The setlist was interesting, some new some old, I would have took some off and put some other stuf, but it's normal for a fan to never be totally satisfied with a live setlist.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Saw him a few weeks ago in Albuquerque and I must say that while the show was great Doogie White sounded drownded out and Yngwie threw his guitar up in the hair and missed it and it hit him in the head. It about knocked him out. Got up and got a new guitar. Still a great show and a hell of a performance.

Of course the vocalist was drowned out... it was a Yngwie show!

Seeing Yngwie get hit in the head with his guitar is worth price of admission alone! I'd love to see a video of that. :tickled:

wdiv said:
Of course the vocalist was drowned out... it was a Yngwie show!

Seeing Yngwie get hit in the head with his guitar is worth price of admission alone! I'd love to see a video of that. :tickled:

I kid you not man he threw it straight up and right then the smoke machine came on and he missed the guitar completely.Smacked him right in the top of his head.I had a perfect few of it because i was at an elevated table. He did it again later but caught just the neck. It was a dark club so maybe that was it. For a minute i seriously thought he was gonna fall down. he started to play Black Star and Doogie WHite announced YNGWIE MALSTEEN then he went into it and the sound died. HAHAHa he played th first minute without any sound. still a great show though.