Yngwie follows Alexi's trend...

To roughly quote Dr David Thorpe

''If Greenday built crappy pop political music out of lego bricks, System Of A Down built it out of Duplo (you know, that extra chunky sized lego for babies and retarded kids)

"I was in the car with my drummer the other day, and he had the radio on. I was like, "What the fuck?" There was this song by a metal band playing, and it was completely cacophonous. There was not one note that you could call "commercial." There was no hook, nothing. It was crazy, I think it was called System of a Down." - Yngwie Malmsteen

It doesn't sound like he's complimenting it to me. Although the general opinion of metal is that it shouldn't be commercial or have a hook but I don't think Yngwie thinks this and for these reasons:

1. I was like, "What the fuck?"
2. "completely cacophonous" Remeber, Yngwie is a classical snob. I don't think he likes completely cacophonous stuff. He like hooks and melodys.
3. Anyone who's read anything else Yngwie has to say about stuff on the radio knows that it doesn't matter what it sounds like, He's going to insult it.

DoodgeGant said:
To roughly quote Dr David Thorpe

''If Greenday built crappy pop political music out of lego bricks, System Of A Down built it out of Duplo (you know, that extra chunky sized lego for babies and retarded kids)

:lol:

Not commercial in yngwie's view, in this case, means the band is too stupid to even try to be commercial, and somehow it worked.
Another quote from uncle malm>
Yes, there are lot of influences from books and old stories I have to admit it as well? (I'm a Viking, too, so I know, -he-he!!)

"I hate the internet, I think it's horrible. I think it's the fuckin´ Devil."
- Y.J.M.

Yes, there are. I don't use computers. In fact, I hate computers; I hate the internet, I think it's horrible. I think it's the fuckin´ Devil. I read books a lot, I make my living playing a piece of wood you know. I'm not filling in with the ´Generation X´ thing or whatever it's called anyway. I'm not from that world - I' m from a different world. I'm from the world where you actually do something; you think, use your brain, you create something. So I don't get enforced by the shit which is coming out from TV and fuckin' computers you know? It's really seriously declaiming people´s minds are tearing like fucking rolling apples y' know because nobody's using their brains anymore. Nobody takes a challenge anymore. "Maybe I should actually try to become good at something?". "No, let's just tune guitars down and play fuckin´ ´nu-metal?´. Please, sorry? it's not a good thing.

BloodyScalpel said:
Not commercial in yngwie's view, in this case, means the band is too stupid to even try to be commercial, and somehow it worked.
Another quote from uncle malm>
Yes, there are lot of influences from books and old stories I have to admit it as well? (I'm a Viking, too, so I know, -he-he!!)

"I hate the internet, I think it's horrible. I think it's the fuckin´ Devil."
- Y.J.M.

Yes, there are. I don't use computers. In fact, I hate computers; I hate the internet, I think it's horrible. I think it's the fuckin´ Devil. I read books a lot, I make my living playing a piece of wood you know. I'm not filling in with the ´Generation X´ thing or whatever it's called anyway. I'm not from that world - I' m from a different world. I'm from the world where you actually do something; you think, use your brain, you create something. So I don't get enforced by the shit which is coming out from TV and fuckin' computers you know? It's really seriously declaiming people´s minds are tearing like fucking rolling apples y' know because nobody's using their brains anymore. Nobody takes a challenge anymore. "Maybe I should actually try to become good at something?". "No, let's just tune guitars down and play fuckin´ ´nu-metal?´. Please, sorry? it's not a good thing.

:lol: What a douchebag. Still an awesome player to see live though.

Wings of a dream said:
He was asked about the future of metal remember...

and read the "hook" part, he's saying that it's not commercial, hence it's good....get it?

I see what you mean but I think Yngwie wants a hook/melody. That's just what it sounds like to me though.

Tut Ankh Amon said:
And my drem is yelling to Yngwie "YOU FAT FUCK!" and kicking him in the nuts.

:worship:

Anyway, as for peopel going "omg eww Korn, omg this is bad music bleecchh". I know how you feel, Im in a shitty Record store Music World 3 hours a day, we get people who have opinions, and since we have to be nice to them, they voice the opinions and think I care/Agree.

"Korn is soo great one of the best Metal bands omgomgomg!"
"I'm not a fan of them.."
"omg you have a Megadeth shirt but you dont like Korn WTFSPLODE?!?!"
"Yeah, I like stuff like megadeth....."
"Omg long conversation about Korn and Disturbed!!!"

I love the general public.

CliffBurton said:
:worship:

Anyway, as for peopel going "omg eww Korn, omg this is bad music bleecchh". I know how you feel, Im in a shitty Record store Music World 3 hours a day, we get people who have opinions, and since we have to be nice to them, they voice the opinions and think I care/Agree.

"Korn is soo great one of the best Metal bands omgomgomg!"
"I'm not a fan of them.."
"omg you have a Megadeth shirt but you dont like Korn WTFSPLODE?!?!"
"Yeah, I like stuff like megadeth....."
"Omg long conversation about Korn and Disturbed!!!"

I love the general public.
How come your head doesn't explode?

DarkStEaLtH233 said:
Speaking of ridiculously horrible music, I saw Korn's twisted transistor video the other day on mtv and I can't believe that's considered music. I could bash my head against my guitar and come up with better music than that....unbelievable.

yeah that video is fucking horrible, and what makes me even madder is that in Guitar World magazine they had 100 greatest guitarists, and the two fuckers from Korn were 26 on the list, and Alexi was 92. fuck korn.

Sinister Mephisto said:
I see what you mean but I think Yngwie wants a hook/melody. That's just what it sounds like to me though.
um yeah, I agree. If someone where to ask me what i thought the future of metal was, and I had a pessimistic attitude, I would talk about nu-metal garbage like slipknot. It doesnt mean I think slipknot is good, I just think that is the direction metal is heading, know what I mean?

The way I read that, Y was not complimenting SOAD.