Yngwie with Ripper Owens!

The new Yngwie disc just leaked. It's pretty good. I like it a lot more than his last 5-6 releases. Productions slightly better too - although his guitar tone is still weaker than your average American beer. :lol:

I really like the song Red Devil - simple catchy tune. Also, his song called Damnation Game is very similar to I'll See the Light Tonight.

The new Yngwie disc just leaked. It's pretty good. I like it a lot more than his last 5-6 releases. Productions slightly better too - although his guitar tone is still weaker than your average American beer. :lol:

I really like the song Red Devil - simple catchy tune. Also, his song called Damnation Game is very similar to I'll See the Light Tonight.

I've had a direct link to the album for a a number of weeks now, it's not a bad album. Tim fits in pretty well.

Tim fits in pretty well.

Yeah, it's nice to not have him not doing the air-raid siren all the time. He's more restrained, more melodic and not trying to be painkiller like he was with IE and Priest.

Thus far I'm enjoying it a lot. Dare is I say this is Yngwie's most listenable album to date? He's more restrained and each song is listenable. This isn't his best work, but from what I know of Yngwie's catalog, this is possibly his most consistent.

Amazing show at the Vegas HOB! Maybe 400 people but I think 99% left happy.

Yngwie played maybe 3-4 songs off the new one (Damnation Game!!! :headbang: :kickass: , 3 major guitar solos and various chestnuts (Dreaming... Tell Me, Demon Driver, I AM A VIKING :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:, You Don't Remember and I'll See the light Tonight).

Owens was just brilliant. Having seen Barlow in Atlanta in late September, I can't fathom why Schaffer let go of Owens. At any rate, Owens really seemed to get along on with Yngwie on stage and I hope another record surfaces in a couple of years. Yngwie was all smiles and just ahppy playing.

And yeah I bought a Perpetual Flame Limited Edition Tour t-shirt. The pouting sold me instantly :heh:

Let us know what you think? I can't wait for your report....

Amazing show at the Vegas HOB! Maybe 400 people but I think 99% left happy.

Yngwie played maybe 3-4 songs off the new one (Damnation Game!!! :headbang: :kickass: , 3 major guitar solos and various chestnuts (Dreaming... Tell Me, Demon Driver, I AM A VIKING :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:, You Don't Remember and I'll See the light Tonight).

Owens was just brilliant. Having seen Barlow in Atlanta in late September, I can't fathom why Schaffer let go of Owens. At any rate, Owens really seemed to get along on with Yngwie on stage and I hope another record surfaces in a couple of years. Yngwie was all smiles and just ahppy playing.

And yeah I bought a Perpetual Flame Limited Edition Tour t-shirt. The pouting sold me instantly :heh:

sounds like a good show, next concert i'm going to is YES or part of YES anyways squire, white and howe

I'm definitely curious to hear the album after the positive notes here. Also, Tenth Dream Deceiver, absolutely killer that he played I Am A Viking - my favorite Yngwie tune!!

I just returned from Yngwie - he kicked my ass!

Two months ago I was planning on going to see him in Detroit, although it slipped my mind to order tickets A few days ago a buddy asked me if I was still going and realized I had totally forgotten. Last night I was on Brave Words' page which said they were holding a contest for tickets to see Yngwie in Detroit. I figured "what the heck" and sent off a quick email, which read:

Is the contest still going? I'm a huge yngwie fan and live 30 minutes from the Emerald Theater in Detroit. I'd be the perfect candidate.
Cheers & Keep it Heavy,
-Brandon.

I figured I stood no chance in hell of winning. For one, I got the venue wrong [it was at the Royal Oak Music Theater]. So at about 6:00pm (18:00 for you Europeans) I checked my email:

Congrats! You have won! This is no joke! Your name will be at will-call.
Thanks for entering our contest and checking out BraveWords.com!
Stay Heavy,
Metal Tim

"Holy Shit! Holy Shit! Holy Shit!" I ran screaming to my brother. Within about 20 minutes we sped off to the boarder, which backed up beyond belief. It took us until about 8:00 just to get through customs and onto I-75. We finally entered the venue around 8:20 and met up with a buddy who also attended.

Now onto the good stuff:
As previously stated, Yngwie utterly SLAYED. About 30 minutes too much soloing for my tastes, but he put on a fantastic show. I'd heard bootlegs from a month or two ago and ripper was quite off on those. Not tonight. The man showed Detroit why he fronted the might Priest. Vocally, I don't know if I've heard a better singer live in my life. He was strong right up to the end of the show, nailing high notes (often for extended periods of time).

A partial set list (I didn't know half of his songs.):
Damnation Game
Gates of Babylon
Red Devil (I LOVE this new song!)
I'm a Viking
You Don't Remember
----------Encore-----------
Black Star
I'll see the Light Tonight

~5 Guitar "Solos" (nevermind the solos in songs)
+ 1 Drum Solo

Sadly he missed my favorite song: Rising Force. He did a few other songs off his new album but I forget which track was which. All I can say is Yngwie was on FIRE and sounded reborn. I can't wait to hear another effort with Ripper on vocals. The two seemed to get along great on stage.

Also picked me up an "Yngwie Who?" T-shirt.

Oh, and a special thanks to Brave Words for making it possible!

Congrats Brandon, the whole adventure sounds wicked and I know you and trust you enough so if you say Tim is doing a good job I go for it, as well as to know Yngwie still plays well (wankery solos on th side) live. My copy of the album is on the way, I expected it next week.

Any Opinions??

a882c0a398a0bb7c2375c110._AA240_.L.jpg

Like most Yngwie discs...they have to grow on me as they are so similiar to each other.

I always like Ripper on anything..but I was having a bit of a hard time with the production on this one. He (Yngwie)almost needs a seperate producer bad IMO.

He's also doing what sort of annoyed me on Unleash The Fury with the songs having the guitar "repeat" at the end of all the tunes.

Outside of that..not too bad..but he needs to get the epicness back. He inspired so many!

If he could grab a bit of what bands like Nightwish ect. are doing today he would kick so much ass,repetitive or not.

Anyway enough of my yackin',what are your thoughts?

I always like Ripper on anything..but I was having a bit of a hard time with the production on this one. He (Yngwie)almost needs a seperate producer bad IMO.
The funny thing is he has a separate producer on this new one, and it's not even just "a producer": it's Roy Z. I haven't heard PF myself yet but the general opinion seems to be that the production indeed sucks. Makes you wonder if Roy actually had anything to do with the production or if it's all Yngwie in the end?

Makes you wonder if Roy actually had anything to do with the production or if it's all Yngwie in the end?

Roy was hired only for the mixing, the production itself was entirely on Yngwie's hands.

The funny thing is he has a separate producer on this new one, and it's not even just "a producer": it's Roy Z. I haven't heard PF myself yet but the general opinion seems to be that the production indeed sucks. Makes you wonder if Roy actually had anything to do with the production or if it's all Yngwie in the end?

Yngwie's guitar tone sucks and the mix is muddy as all hell, but for this type of album, it works for me. There are many albums I'd overlook with a mediocre production like this, but the songs are so good in many places that I'm willing to forgive it.

Roy's last two productions have sucked (Priest was their worst production in a long as time).

Yngwie's guitar tone sucks and the mix is muddy as all hell, but for this type of album, it works for me. There are many albums I'd overlook with a mediocre production like this, but the songs are so good in many places that I'm willing to forgive it.

Roy's last two productions have sucked (Priest was their worst production in a long as time).

He produced Angel of Retribution but not Nostradamus (didn't we have this exact conversation a few months ago? :lol:). Anyway, all of the Roy-produced albums I've heard have sounded good. Well there's Crucible of course but I guess it was supposed to sound like that (opposed to the traditionally crisp Resurrection).

I guess the mixer's job is not to decide what the album sounds like but to make sure the album sounds like the artist/producer wants it to. And Yngwie wants it to sound like this so here we are. So I think it's not a case of Roy Z being an inadequate knob-twiddler, but rather one of Yngwie having different views on what's good and what's not. With the rest of the world.

And basically I'm just talking out of my arse here as I still haven't heard the entire disc on CD. :lol: