Yngwie with Ripper Owens!

Roy's last two productions have sucked (Priest was their worst production in a long as time).

You forget "Tyranny Of Souls" which have an excellent production. I won't blame Yngwie's new album results on Roy, he's just a gun for hire on the mix.

You forget "Tyranny Of Souls" which have an excellent production. I won't blame Yngwie's new album results on Roy, he's just a gun for hire on the mix.

I never said he was a bad producer or engineer. Quite the contrary, but priest (if that was indeed him who recorded and/or mixed) and Yngwie sound like crap. It may not entirely be his fault though. If the parts were recorded badly then he would have had limited options as to how to mix it. The bottom line though is that the end result is not very good given his abilities.

You forget "Tyranny Of Souls" which have an excellent production.

:kickass:

...yeah good or bad..Yngwie likes to be in control.

It wouldn't degrade him though to simply concentrate on the writing,arranging and playing.

With a powerhouse like Ripper up front I guess I was expecting more.

Still a good disc though. It grows on ya..just a bit tinny.:Smug:

...yeah good or bad..Yngwie likes to be in control.

It wouldn't degrade him though to simply concentrate on the writing,arranging and playing.

No it won't, but he'll never accept it.

With a powerhouse like Ripper up front I guess I was expecting more.

Still a good disc though. It grows on ya..just a bit tinny.:Smug:

Actually (and I like Owens) I was expecting less, I felt Tim voice was not fit for neoclassical shred metal, but my first impression after listening to it was good, not astounding but good and since I'm a Yngwie fanboy I obviously ordered a copy:loco:

No it won't, but he'll never accept it.

Actually (and I like Owens) I was expecting less, I felt Tim voice was not fit for neoclassical shred metal, but my first impression after listening to it was good, not astounding but good and since I'm a Yngwie fanboy I obviously ordered a copy:loco:

Lets see...

Produced by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen
All music composed and arranged by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen
All lyrics and melodies by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Engineered by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Additional engineering by: Keith Rose and Roy Z
Mixed by: Roy Z with Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Instanbul string section arranged by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Basically Roy Z had as much to do with the album as Ozzy with "Mob Rules" :lol:

Lets see...

Produced by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen
All music composed and arranged by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen
All lyrics and melodies by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Engineered by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Additional engineering by: Keith Rose and Roy Z
Mixed by: Roy Z with Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Instanbul string section arranged by: Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Basically Roy Z had as much to do with the album as Ozzy with "Mob Rules" :lol:

Well, I guess he did the best with what he had. As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd.

Wyv, since you have Nostradamus, can you post the mixing and engineering info for that disc?

Well, I guess he did the best with what he had. As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd.

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually the album doesn't sound that bad, cut some slack on poor little Yngwie :Smug:

Wyv, since you have Nostradamus, can you post the mixing and engineering info for that disc?

I have it, but hasn't listened to it since I got it :puke:and actually this is the first time I open it.

Produced by: Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing.
Engineered by: Richard Wood
Mixed by: Attie Bauw
Mastered by: Attie Bauw and Darius Van Helfteren
All songs written &n arranged by: Tipton/Halford/Downing

No wonder, I thought Tipton had leart his lesson from "Jugulator" and "Demolition", he's not a producer for JP. He may be good for his solo albums and even so he produced one with Mark Dodson and the other with Sean Lynch, both recognized producers. They should had brough back Chris Tsangarides at least, but I doubt the best of producers could have polish a turd like you said :rolleyes:

I just picked this up, and I like it. I agree that the mix is a bit muddy. There are parts where Yngwie's guitar actually bottoms out, becoming inaudible. However, on the whole it's a great record. I like it more than anything I've heard from him since Marching Out.

I think Ripper sounds great, but he's kind of pulling a Jeff Scott Soto imitation in places. Yngwie sings one song, the Hendrix-like Magic City.

Live to Fight (another day) is awesome. Again, I think it's rather good.

Ripper is the man.

This album is getting better with each listen....

Damn you Ruben you stole my thoughts!. I was yesterday listening to it in my bed while watching some TV (I have subtitles :D) and found that definitively the album is a grower. Still believe Yngwie could have made it a bit shorter but Owens delivers the goods in pretty good way.

Damn you Ruben you stole my thoughts!. I was yesterday listening to it in my bed while watching some TV (I have subtitles :D) and found that definitively the album is a grower. Still believe Yngwie could have made it a bit shorter but Owens delivers the goods in pretty good way.

8 to 9 tracks would have worked. I actually like the track with Malmsteen singing. He's not a great singer but his approach seems to work for the song.

try Best Buy? That's where I picked mine up.

The Best Buy by me has like EVERYTHING..otherwise I'm ordering through Amazon or Borders...:heh:

Try also CDUniverse or Tower.com, I got mine through Amazon.

try Best Buy? That's where I picked mine up.

The Best Buy by me has like EVERYTHING..otherwise I'm ordering through Amazon or Borders...:heh:

i will, probably next week. i've just been really busy lately. i'm going get the new queen + paul rodgers too