yo niggas recommend me EPIC, SWEEPING, GRANDIOSE black METAL!!!!!!!!

Wires & Waves

New Metal Member
Feb 4, 2006
im thinking shit like EMPEROR (NOR)'s first album, KVIST (NOR)'s album, hmmmm what else idk SACRAMENTUM (SWE)'s FAR AWAY FROM THE SUN, SORCIER DES GLACES (CAN)'s first album, you know shit like that!!!! it doesnt have to be synthy or whatever but i dont mind synths (obviously) as long as its not huge gay symphonic wankfest. it would also be good if it has a sense of dynamics and isnt just constant blasting unlike some shit e.g. FORTERESSE (CAN)!

NO GAY SHIT! NO TRENDS! if you recommend gay bands like DISSECTION (SWE) or WATAIN (SWE) i will promptly instruct you to FUCK OFF!

throne of ahaz is the kind of shit im looking for although i think theyre a little too musically obvious theyre very boxy and kinda by the books i guess :|

actually i havent listened to throne of ahaz in forever so i shouldnt really say thats the kind of shit im looking for but yeah i dunno EPIC!!

you know when a metal band takes u on a journey through a series of flowing melodic riffs then resolves itself through repetition of the initial theme and youre like MAN THAT WAS AWESOME! and it Feels Epic i mean like thatr!

I'm gonn'a go out on a limb and recommend Necrophobic - Hrimthursum... Blackened death metal, you're probably already familiar with them and they're probably not what you're looking for but...yeah :] Good album.

Wolven Ancestry
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Negura Bunget - 'N Crugu Bradului
Taake - Hordaland Doedskvad
Wolves In The Throne Room

Not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for but oh well.