You guys will probably get a kick out of this..

Cheesebone

Jan 30, 2011
So last year, my band played a cancer benefit, it was an all-day thing and we didn't play 'till much later at night, but we offered to let all the bands use some of our gear, (That's my MF280 on the right and our bassists Aguilar 4x12 on the left) so we were there really early. There were like 10 bands that day, but one of the first ones was a bunch of kids.

Check this out...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vTCzWHPhmA&feature=related[/ame]

When I saw them, the oldest member was 15 years old. The rest were still 14 I think. I can't tell you how many bands I've played with that would have been embarrassed by these kids. It'll be interesting to see what they're doing in another 5, ya know?

(It's not metal, but we're all musicians here and I'm sure we can appreciate this)

wish my band would have been like that when we started...lol

some bands (with a lot older guys...so +10 years...like me...ha) I allready played with would be getting kicked in the ass by those guys!
Vocals remind me of Claudio from Coheed and Cambria at some spots, really nice!

edit: lol that breakdown came unexpected tho :lol:

Love it!
This reminded me of something I saw at my work a few years ago. It was a 6 band lineup of metal and punk and the main support were a bunch of really young kids and when they came on aload of guys from the other bands who were hanging around the sound desk got owned by these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
the horrible band name, noobish look from the still on the youtube video before i clicked play and the ages made me think they were going to be horrible, then i read the comment sand im like :O. sounds good!

the horrible band name, noobish look from the still on the youtube video before i clicked play and the ages made me think they were going to be horrible, then i read the comment sand im like :O. sounds good!

I know, I wasn't really sure what to expect when I saw them take the stage, I remember friends bands when I was in high school and most of them were fucking terrible. The singer was actually playing through a Tiny Terror, lol, it sounded good! The guitar player on the right downplayed his skills like crazy in this band, there was one song where he ripped out a solo that blew me away for someone his age, some impressive alternate picking and even some 3 and 4 string sweeps and shit. Very cool.

I see bands that aren't this good AT LEAST a few times a month, and these are all guys who've been doing this for a LONG time, lol. Like I said, I wanna know what they're doing when they get a few more years under their belts.

I like how the bass player just stands there and then comes the breakdown and he does the "emo-walk".

I wasnt expecting anything this good :D especially the singing impressed me.

lol'd at the breakdown, how out of place. Good playing though, the bass player and the drummer are very in the pocket.

I've heard of these kids, from around Chicago, right?

I think they're actually from Milwaukee, but they play out here every now and then. Obviously because of their age you can only catch them at all-ages shows and shit but it was very impressive to say the least.

Anyone remember Silverchair from Oz they were about 16 i think when they did the album Frogstomp,
It was heavy as fuck for the time (i think they were Helmet fans) especially liked the track Israels Son, the album still stands up today IMO
Some kids just have it \M/

Amazing shit right here ... 3 prodigies!

Amazing fucking band. Tyler Hudson is an AMAZING drummer.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jam-ipE2UA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197CCb3qz6I&feature=related[/ame]

11 fucking years old nailing YYZ

Last edited by a moderator:
That YYZ cover is fucking nucks....

EDIT: Damn, just hit the original song... fucking nice...