You know when I used to say Manowar sucked

IOfTheStorm said:
I knew it. I know it. Its because everyone bashes Manowar without even listening to their best albums.
New Manowar kicks ass btw.

They bash ManOwaR because they saw the cover of Into Glory Ride and are ashamed that they got an erection so they have to convince people they're not gay :loco:

I do hope the new album is better than the last one, though :erk:

so I've often seen the video for Blow Your Speakers on VH1, and once I saw some video for a newer song where there's aliens and loads of motorcycle riding...

Both of these songs are horrible, mind you, so I'd better not hear more of the same lame stuff when I check out these aforementioned cds.

BLOW YOUR SPEAKERRRSS! WITH ROOCKK N ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

that song is NOT lame.

Yes, I can vouch for "Hail to England" certainly. Funnily enough, it was the Arch Enemy cover "Kill with Power" that led me to check out the original. Shame on me, I know.

Plus, I find that most Manowar covers by other bands tend to work really well. Just goes to show how strong the stigma is attached to the Manowar. You take the music out and give it to someone else, and it suddenly transforms itself.

I admit I want to hear at least one Manowar album so all of you can laugh at me for actually liking it or so I can laugh at all of you for listening to homometal.

I am enjoying the hell out of Battle Hymns
Great disc. They take a lot of shit... and deserve a fair amount of what they take. However, it's hard to argue with the early part of their discography...

Battle Hymns (1982)
Into Glory Ride (1983)
Hail to England (1984)
Sign of the Hammer (1984)
Fighting the World (1987)

That's an impressive run.

Zod

Louder than hell kicked ass too!

"Losers Try To Put Us Down It's Just Another Day
I Got No Money Or Big House Just Got Life
I Don't Like To Save It's More Fun To Spend
If You Like Metal You're My Friend