Are Manowar power metal?

Forget Power Metal, I wonder if Dirk ever got back to Timmy and showed him his MVP and FMVP?
lol, Timmy will probably just shrug it off while wearing his 5 championship rings on one hand and holding his 3 finals MVP trophies with the other.

Admittedly USPM is a weird umbrella, for example it never sat quite right with me that Cirith Ungol are considered a USPM band.
yea it's all nonsense anyway, i think im just going to stop using that term from now on. Its basically just US heavy metal. And im definitely going to stop wasting my time arguing about a band that i think are a fucking joke and an embarrassment to heavy metal on a whole.

And im definitely going to stop wasting my time arguing about a band that i think are a fucking joke and an embarrassment to heavy metal on a whole.

Accept your ancestry, your true ancestry. Your forefathers are hairy-chested crossdressers, and the second peoples that Quorthon ripped off after Venom. Murica.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
He recorded his debut album without ever hearing Venom or Slayer and if you don't believe him he doesn't even care!
tumblr_p0pgopwcNA1qit4uno1_400.jpg

Reactions: CiG
I found that one recently as a random YouTube suggestion after I had listened to a few Russian demos on a different channel. I wishlisted it on RYM and noticed you were a fan, but haven't gotten around to a full listen. It sounds pretty cool though, a little bit of that gloomy melodic Sortilege feel. I'll give it a full listen this weekend.

Heavy/power metal for sure, even proto viking metal (if such thing exists). If people is willing to give the power metal tag to Manilla Road, Manowar can be power metal as well.

imo:

Trad heavy metal - more blues scales, more pedal-point riffing, more songs about women and music, more mid-tempo; WASP's S/T, Savatage's Sirens thru Power of the Night, earlier Riot, Helstar's Burning Star

USPM - more galloping riffing, more guitar harmony, more songs about fantasy, history, etc, generally more up-tempo; Queensyche's The Warning, Arch-era Fates, Titan Force, Helstar's later 80s albums

But there's still overlap between most of those. On the Panzer front, Symphony of Terror and The Watcher are USPM, while Licensed to Kill, Warfare, Cardiac Attack, Generally Hostile are trad or speed metal.

Queensryche album is PM?
IYO, what category Crimson Glory belongs to?

When it comes to Riot, their album from 1981 Fire Down Under totally sounds like NWOBHM, while the later album ThunderSteel is vastly different, it's power/speed metal.

I found that one recently as a random YouTube suggestion after I had listened to a few Russian demos on a different channel. I wishlisted it on RYM and noticed you were a fan, but haven't gotten around to a full listen. It sounds pretty cool though, a little bit of that gloomy melodic Sortilege feel. I'll give it a full listen this weekend.
yea wasnt sure if you were familiar with them or not but i've posted them here a few times. Thought it would be right up your alley. I think they're okay, cant stand the vocalist though. Funny fact, they're also one of the bands that burned talos as being omni, lol.

Manowar is classic heavy metal, not power metal. Period.
anyone that says Manowar are a power metal band isnt using their ears(or brain tbh) to come to such a ridiculous conclusion.

Last edited:
Queensryche album is PM?
IYO, what category Crimson Glory belongs to?

When it comes to Riot, their album from 1981 Fire Down Under totally sounds like NWOBHM, while the later album ThunderSteel is vastly different, it's power/speed metal.

Those two are as power metal as anything before Eagle Fly Free. I'd say Crimson Glory are roughly equally as USPM.

I agree regarding Riot.