Are Manowar power metal?

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
I was in a pub a while back and someone in our group casually mentioned Manowar as a power metal band. This infuriated my Manowar loving friend, who proceeded to jump to his feet and shout "Manowar are not power metal!" while doing the old hammer-fist sign thing.

SO...

Are Manowar power metal to you?

I would say no myself. They predate the genre for a start, and they essentially play powerful heavy metal. If there are similarities, it is surely because later "power" metal bands picked up on these elements of the sound.

Manowar are a heavy metal band.

The only band that's not a faggy suicidal black metal band that would DIE FOR METAL

They used to be straight up epic heavy metal, but if you listen to the progression of their music over their career, they have added more and more power metal influences to their sound. I would say traditionally they are not power metal, but their modern sound is definitely so

Dodens Grav said:
The only band that's not a faggy suicidal black metal band that would DIE FOR METAL

Wouldn't you? WOULDNT YOU??
Haha that interview was worth a few laughs.

Thorns On My Grave said:
They used to be straight up epic heavy metal, but if you listen to the progression of their music over their career, they have added more and more power metal influences to their sound. I would say traditionally they are not power metal, but their modern sound is definitely so

Actually no.