Are Manowar power metal?

KMADD said:
I couldn't stop laughing at them when they played with
Immortal a few years back here in Indy.

i don't know if playing with Manowar lowers Immortal's respect level in my mind, or if it just makes me hate Manowar more for the fact that they exist at all to play/fuck up an Immortal show.

hmm... a quandry...

Ive tried. I just cant get into them. I saw them live man it's really not my thing
im sure there is some death and black metal that doesn't tickle your fancy.
I know it's strange I love stuff like Maiden and Saxon but I could not really
get into this band. Me and Jonny from UMOS has had an arguement about this before.

ur laym

mogwai =
badger.gif

also

the book of knots =
badger.gif
badger.gif

so every1 should listen to those bands yeyah.

High On Maiden said:
I was in a pub a while back and someone in our group casually mentioned Manowar as a power metal band. This infuriated my Manowar loving friend, who proceeded to jump to his feet and shout "Manowar are not power metal!" while doing the old hammer-fist sign thing.

SO...

Are Manowar power metal to you?

I would say no myself. They predate the genre for a start, and they essentially play powerful heavy metal. If there are similarities, it is surely because later "power" metal bands picked up on these elements of the sound.

Manowar are a heavy metal band.
Why don't you just go ahead and take a bath in a tub of Velveeta?

You implied that, I never said a single thing about the song title. I'm mocking you for even bringing it up as if it mattered, I obviously posted that song as a musical example, title means nothing.