You know who's really quite a remarkable drummer?

Neil Peart is better. :headbang:

I don't like The Police. Well, maybe they're OK, but Sting annoys me. He sounds like Jon Anderson with just a teensy bit more testosterone, which means he has just a teensy bit of testosterone.

I watched a thing on them on Music Max once... they started off with a punk guitarist who literally knew only three chords. But yeah, then they got a good guitarist, and they were all good musicians.

Roxanne is a killer song all the same \m/

Stewart Copeland rules, as do the rest of The Police. I've enjoyed them since '86 and rediscovered them after I got "Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings" for Christmas.

Also, Andy Summers is a much better guitarist than Sting's songs give him a chance to show off. He's made a couple of albums with Robert Fripp of King Crimson, and only the best musicians have enough courage to try that.

W

The Police are awesome musicians man! Try playing some of the guitar or basslines! The time Mr Copeland keeps is very very cool too!

"they started off with a punk guitarist who literally knew only three chords."

That was a big bearded chap by the name of Henri Padovani. He played lead on the band's debut single (Fall Out/Nothing Achieving) and Stewart, who also wrote both songs, played rhythm. Not long after that they sacked Henri, hired Andy Summers, signed a deal with A & M and became one of the best pop/rock bands of the 80s :).

W