you thought 5150 + impulses was good for guitar? try bass!

s34nsm411

May 3, 2004
anyone impulsing with a 5150, youve gotta try this

put it on the clean channel, gain at like 5, bass mid treb at like 7-3-3 res and pres at 7 and 3ish, then record that preamp out signal and put the ampeg 8x10_e602_ah impulse on it from here

http://noisevault.com/nv/index.php?...9&func=fileinfo&filecatid=153&parent=category

and bam, (after some compression and eq. also Rbass helps a lot) awesome super deep bass tone with low end that seems to go on forever

mix it with another DI processed for the 'grit' track of the bass and youve got the perfect compliment to a heavy ass guitar tone

Most guitar speakers can handle the bass freqs no problem, and using a guitar amp will not amplify the low freqs to the point of being able to damage them. Now using a bass amp, let's say an SVT-4, with a guitar cab, would blow the shit out of the speakers in no time.

In other words, there is nothing wrong with it.

I actually am working with a blackened death metal band that I'm using the Wagner plug on the bass tracks in the same fashion. Actually turning out pretty cool. Gives lots of mid/high range definition, but that impulse gives a nice meaty bottom end.

have anyone managed to get these working with Space Designer?
I get nothing, sip, nada. each time I load any of the samples the sound stops, won't work after inserting another impulse, I have to reset it and start playback from the beginning to make it work again.