You want technical? Behold...The Arctopus!!

Yes very good band. Colin also plays in the band Dysrhythmia which is also quite technical, but not so much metal. I've seen Dysrhythmia play twice and both times were great, but I really want to see Behold... soon.

I like the 'behold' stuff -similar to the SPASTIC INK stuff yet maybe not as
organized. It lacks the finesse/maturity executed by SA,Wtower,etc
in my opinion- kinda sloppy. It did have some really cool moments but other times theyre just toooo berserk! Its still fun -none the less- to hear intense music.
anyways.........................

vessal1 said:
It lacks the finesse/maturity executed by SA,Wtower,etc
in my opinion- kinda sloppy. It did have some really cool moments but other times theyre just toooo berserk! Its still fun -none the less- to hear intense music.

I agree 100% to what you said man... too much chaos.... at sometimes, you can't even hear what they're playing or are trying to play... especially on "You Will Be Reincarnated As An Imperial Attack Spaceturtle" !!!
... now as far as talent goes.... that's an entirely different issue because they definately are... especially the guy who plays the Warr Guitar :headbang:

no, ok I changed my mind
upon further review of the behold... cd these guys really tear it up
I just missed them playing here in Boise, Id. but I did get the new CD on
metal blade- they present some musical landscapes Ive never been to before,
and thats pretty cool! they have tremendous potential.
and I REALLY like the new Slayer cd..............brutal
peace

I didn't bother checking them out when the promo came, but these guys are amazing!
Also check out Journey Into the Fourth Dimension. They aren't very clean sounding and very chaotic, but the music is very weird and really technical. They are also extremely fast and aggressive.
It is completely instrumental neo-classical.

goncalo cunha said:
If you want an insanely technical band like you have never heard before, try Behold...The Arctopus and thank me eternally!! :D

www.beholdthearctopus.com

welcome to the past

hey i have a suggestion, you mite not heard of spiral architect, there a really good band man.

just bcause you havent heard of behold the arctopus and know nothing about metal, doesnt mean we dont!

whos with me guys?

you're a dick, he was helping us out.

just because someone doesn't know that band doesn't mean they don't know anything.

Slope is right. Music isn't about knowing more bands, it's about enjoying them. Probably a couple of users who doesn't post in a regular basis (or aren't even registered) followed his advice and now are enjoying BTA. Just the fact that you heard that band (or the majority, it doesn't care) doesn't mean that everybody heard it.

PS: That post reminded me of someone, it's like the "DarkLord-ian" spirit came back......

Soilworker said:
welcome to the past

hey i have a suggestion, you mite not heard of spiral architect, there a really good band man.

just bcause you havent heard of behold the arctopus and know nothing about metal, doesnt mean we dont!

whos with me guys?

I have a suggestion too: You mite want to learn how to spell:Smug:

It's really great but I think they over reacting
sorry but I want more Power riffs (not power metal) than spastic... we have spastic ink for that...
Any way they are really nice but not for every day listening...