Your albums of the year

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
The year is pretty much over, I don't expect any more releases in the next three weeks to skew my list, so what are your top 5 albums of the year? Heres mine:

1. Edguy - Hellfire Club
2. Cradle Of Filth - Nymphetamine
3. Blaze - Blood And Belief
4. Death Angel - The Art Of Dying
5. Megadeth - The System Has Failed

Honerable mentions to Dungeon - One Step Beyond and Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden, both great solid albums.

Also a nod to The Tea Party - Seven Circles, non metal but one of my favs for the year also.

That is not counting these albums, which I am yet to hear but are on the list:

Susperia - Unlimited
Scourge - Transgression
Dio - Master Of The Moon
The Haunted - Revolver

Also, what are some of your songs of the year? Mine:

Edguy - King Of Fools
Iced Earth - Gettysburg
Machine Head - Imperium (wasn't sure if this was 2003 or 2004, but a search tells me 2004)

2 albums of the year for me.

Pain of Salvation - 12:5
Pain of Salvation - BE

Thats pretty much it... I quite like Natasha Bedingfields album that I picked up a few weeks ago. Pretty catchy pop tunes. The FINN brothers latest album was quite good too.

As for favorite songs...

Most of them are on BE.... Iter Impius would be one of the favorites, but there are probably about 5 others that would be in the fuckin awesome category... I just dont know the names cause they are too latin.

I still have albums arriving so ill do mine later.

But the Machine Head one was 2003, but it was released in 2004 in the US because of all the label politics so it can count, actually I think it may have even been released here in January...

I was thinking about making this thread on the way to work. At a pinch, I'd say my favourites for this year are:

Edguy - Hellfire Club
Dungeon - One Step Beyond
Hatesphere - Ballet of the Brute
The Haunted - rEVOLVEr
Brides of Destruction - Here Come the Brides
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned
Death Angel - The Art of Dying
Cult of Luna - Salvation

I'm bound to think of more, but an honourable mention to Scourge for "Transgression" also.

Oh, I just remembered, I do have some others from this year.

Dungeon - One Step Beyond
Tom Waits - Real Gone
PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her
Lordi - The Monsterican Dream
WASP - The Neon God, Part 1

For the very last time.. The King Of Fools EP is better than the Hellfire Club album. :)

I have bought so few new albums this year I don't think I could even make a list of 5.

Pink Cream 69 - Thunderdome
Edguy - Hellfire Club

And the best song of the year is Edguy - King Of Fools. Though there are a heap of corkers on Thunderdome too!!!

Phloggy, what's Gold Medal like? I was going to pick it up but the mixed reviews put me off.

The only new release I bought this year was The Glorious Burden and I wish to God I hadn't :(. Hope the new Demons & Wizards next year will be better than that crap- pile.

W

Wrath, you'll love it. It's pretty different from their earlier stuff, which is where the mixed reviews might be coming from, but it's a much more "mature" album. There's quite a few 70's influences on there, and I think it's their best album yet. You can hear smples on the official site.

The complaints are as follows:
- It's too short. 10 songs in 33 minutes does not an album make in this day and age.
- The limited edition with bonus DVD (the album mixed in 5.1 surround sound) doesn't seem to be available in Australia.

I haven't actually *bought* it, I must confess though, because it was released in the US three weeks before we got it here and I couldn't wait, and now I'm hanging out for the bonus version.

Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Megadeth - The System has Failed

they're my main big successes for the year.